Axon 10 Pro Arrived Today

ram1220ram1220 Allen TexasPosts: 481 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭

So far I am liking this phone. Two of my concerns turned out to be nothing. With the "rubber" case on the phone the wrap around screen is no where near as bad as my friend's S8. Actually I haven't had any problems so far with this. My second concern was the blue color. The phone is actually a darker more pleasant shade of blue than what the ZTE website shows. So far so good. I still don't like any notch at all. But I guess it will grow on me. The only issue I am having is that when I am setting up the Axon 10 Pro my old Axon 7 will not see my new phone. I have tried everything I can think of and the Axon 7 just can not find the Axon 10 Pro. So I am having to setup the phone manually. I've only had the phone for about 2 hours. But I am really liking it so far :)

Comments

• ram1220ram1220 Allen TexasPosts: 481 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭

Ok. Just found out there is no notification light. That is a big fail. My fault for not asking about it here first. Might not be a big deal to most. But it's a big deal to me. Between no light and a notch this might be going back. Argh!

• samsamhasamsamha United StatesPosts: 2,363 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭✭

You can turn on the always on display and/or screen wake up to help with the notification. I have raise to wake turned on so whenever I picked the phone up, the screen lights up so I can see the notification.

• wings4anniewings4annie United StatesPosts: 1,467 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭✭

@ram1220 there is an app on the axon10 pro called switch phone.

You can use that with your axon7.

Glad you like it!!!

• razor512razor512 United StatesPosts: 2,683 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭✭

Many devices have been moving away from the notification light due to the efficiency AMOLED displays when used in a minimalistic fashion for notifications.

Aside from that, with my unit I was able to easily transfer to the Axon 10 pro using set up other device function in google settings.

While I could also use the phone switch application, I keep much of my bulk data on a micro SD card, thus upgrading from the Axon 7 to the Axon 10 pro meant simply doing the google setup and transferring over the micro SD card, thus providing me with most of my bulk data. For other stuff stored on main memory, I use foldersync to automatically backup the internal storage to my NAS each time I charge the phone.

The notch can be distracting at first but it quickly stops being very noticeable as android has been largely optimized to work around them, thus important info never really shows up where it would be obstructed by the notch.

PS, one other nice improvement you my notice is that the Axon 10 pro has a significantly faster gray to gray pixel response time, thus sharpness in fast paced games and movies maintain their fine detail much better.

edited April 2, 2020 5:49PM

Is there anyway to enlarge the symbols and notifications on the top of the screen? They are horribly small and hard to see. If I change the Display Size in setting it only makes them slightly larger. They are still too small. There has to be a way to just make the icons at the top of the screen bigger without making everything else too big.The Axon 10 Pro is a nice phone. But I honestly like my Axon 7 better. Still undecided if the Axon 10 Pro will go back or not. Too many things the Axon 7 does better. Also I am finding that Face Unlock only works about half the time.

• DrakenFXDrakenFX Mobile United StatesPosts: 2,127 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭✭

Unfortunately , that's a feature we should ask Google to implement, currently there is no way to increase the font size of the Notification Bar... Unless you install a Custom Rom (e.g. BlissOS) just to get some extra Unofficial features.

• scoob20scoob20 United StatesPosts: 16 ✭✭✭
    edited April 4, 2020 9:03PM

Does anyone else have this same issue??

I cant hear much when I tap the screen or click things unless it is the fingerprint sensor the phone is really quiet even when I have the settings set to be able to hear touch sounds. I wonder if thats normal?

edited April 5, 2020 5:34PM

Mine is really quiet too. I have a love/hate relationship with this new phone. I still like my Axon 7 better and might send the Axon 10 Pro back.