How do you fix the navigation keys on your ZTE?

teddybear230teddybear230 United StatesPosts: 15 ✭✭✭✭

I have tried doing the power button thing but I could not find "wipe cache clear" what can I do now,? I have tried restarting my phone and removing my battery, I have tried everything I could but my bottom buttons do not work properly, what can I do?

Comments

• teddybear230teddybear230 United StatesPosts: 15 ✭✭✭✭

Comment below and give me advice for what I can do please and thank you, I need help before I have to pay for another plan which is in like 3 days from now

• coldheat06coldheat06 United StatesPosts: 1,795 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 21, 2020 11:03PM

@teddybear230 what issue are you having with your navigation keys? I actually use "Gestures" and do not use the navigation keys but I can still help.

@DrakenFX is the LineageOS expert he can also help

• DrakenFXDrakenFX Mobile United StatesPosts: 2,128 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭✭

What @coldheat06 said ...

Can you give us/me little more info?

Like:

Where are you looking for "Wipe Cache"

Are you talking about the Navigation tactical key?

If so ,Lineage and the hardware keys doesn't work by default, check XDA for a fix.

Like they said to turn the power button and the volume up button, I did that but then they said to look for the option that said Cache partition button or whatever it was called and I could not find it on the phone, but when you go on it it says to clear cache clear,but I cannot find that one option button, the cache partition button in the menu.

Just to be clear.

Are you using Stock Recovery or TWRP?

TWRP Clear Cache is located in the "WIPE" Tap, you have to Select CACHE/Dalvik First first then swipe to clear

I do not know which one I am using to be honest

I think it is stock recovery but I may be wrong

this is what it looks like, what should I click on next? I have tried everything except for factory reset which deletes pretty much everything I have which I do not want that to happen, so ya, I am stuck

@teddybear230

for starters, which phone is this and what software are you running??

doesn't looks any of the 7 series and i really don't know what else to say.

this is my first time seen this type of options under "Stock Recovery Option".

this phone is a zte android versin is 7.1.1 hardware version is z839HW1.0, it is a ZTE phone

This is the first time I see a stock recovery with minimalistic options and i have been using Android from Android 4.4 (KitKat).

I assume base on the model this is a Verizon ZTE Blade Vantage right?

Sorry.

I think so, I don't know much about the phone I am using, lol

Can anyone else help me fix my navigation buttons?

• samsamhasamsamha United StatesPosts: 2,363 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭✭

i googled your particular phone and it seems to me that it is not using software navigation key but rather hardware. What exactly is the issue with the navigation key? it is possible that it may not be a software issue that clearing the cache would fix. It appears to me that this particular device also does not have the option to clear the cash in the recovery (based on the image you posted). So if you are looking to clear it, factory reset maybe the only option.

But if I do so, wouldn't that mean that all the stuff I had on my phone, would all be deleted like all the progress I had plus all my contacts and other stuff I had on my phone?

Every time I want to use my tab button to get to my tabs or my home button to get into my home button, it does not take me to that when I have tapped the button, I have already explained this once of what is going on to my navigation keys already but I don't mind saying it again

if you have your contacts synced to your google account, then they would be saved and synced automatically after the reset. Apps can be re-downloaded but app data would depends if the particular app has option to sync them to the cloud or backed to the cloud.

So yes, there is a chance data would be lost if you factory reset without backup so you should double check anything that is important and back them up before you reset it.

Since your device appears to me has physical button, I think your issue maybe hardware. If the buttons do not work, maybe you could download third party app that gives you on screen navigation (where you have a floating keys on the screen that allows you to tap to go to home or back), then you can just use them to navigate instead of the buttons on the phone.

@samsamha

Thank you for helping me with trying to fix my phone, it means a lot to me😁👍️

@samsamha

what does the third party app look like?

Depending on the app you choose. Some have floating button, side-bar, etc. I personally have not use them so you may need to look around or in the play store to see which one will fit your need and to your liking. Here is an example

I have looked at that one and I do like it but my phone is not letting me install it, Every time I have it to install, it takes forever to download and to be fully installed, I have tried to delete some apps so that I can have enough space for the app but is still takes forever to download and to install, is there any other way where my phone doesn't have to be so slow at downloading and installing apps?

@teddybear230 it is possible that it may not support your particular device. Maybe look at the playstore for other alternatives.

Ya, possibly, I am looking at other apps