** UPDATE ** Android 10 Now Available For Axon 10 Pro 2020U

13»

Comments

• serious_samserious_sam United StatesPosts: 7 ✭✭✭✭
    edited February 25, 2020 10:41PM

I gotta be honest... those are new ones to me. Both my wife and I have the Axon 10, and neither one had that problem once we did the upgrade. Just a quick question, are you using a third party launcher? I know some of them don't work and play well with Android 10. Nova seems to work pretty good, but Lawnchair screwed things up for me. It's really the only thing I can think of at the moment.

**UPDATE**

So I received my phone back from ZTE USA today... kudos to them for the quick turnaround, but as fast as I got the device back (2 days) the shipping literally took a week to get there. Guess that's what you expect when it's free. And in the meantime I had to use an old OnePlus 3 as my temp... what a painful experience that was.

Anyways, along with the phone I sent them a laundry list of items that weren't working on my phone (in bold, large type that's easy to read). Got the phone back and verified that it's the same device - IMEI matches up but SURPRISE, SURPRISE - it's back on Android 9. And the thing works FLAWLESSLY.

So that either means they realize the Android 10 rollout has been less than stellar or my device just isn't ready for prime time. I could understand option #2, but since both my and my wife's phones were having the same problem I'm leaning towards option #1. I think there are more people that are having problems than not, and it's not Google's fault.

• david_l312david_l312 Posts: 24 ✭✭✭✭✭

I've also had GPS problems. The GPS on the Axon 10 has always had a harder time then my LG V30. Getting a lock in the car sometimes requires letting the phone rest on the dash for awhile (and it can take 5-10 minutes).

But, since Android 10, sometime I get all they way home (25 minutes) without ever getting a lock. I've found that a reboot helps (not the best idea while driving).

• yinliyinli United StatesPosts: 357 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭✭

Hi@maverick Please go to Setting- Notification&status bar-show on the lock screen, and check if you set it to "Don't show notifications at all". Thanks. (seeing the picture attaching)

• maverickmaverick NJPosts: 537 ✭✭✭✭✭✭

@serious_sam yeah i'm using nova prime. sometimes it shows the quick tiles and sometimes it doesnt. I dont get it. wait why is your device back on 9? should the update not have been sent out?

• littlejoelittlejoe United StatesPosts: 2 ✭✭

All right awesome I'm ready to go let's do it 🤣🤣😄😄

• scgt1scgt1 Posts: 45 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 22, 2020 9:13AM

Is it just me or is there virtually no way to set a specific audio file for just text messages? It seems the listing is notifications which in turn would have your set text message sound play for any and all notifications? Seriously? Is this a ZTE thing or some idiotic Android thing now?

Also since this update it's constantly putting a battery image on the top bar complaining about how x program uses a lot of resources and drains the battery (I end the day with 50-70% left therefore I don't care) It doesn't matter if you tell it to not optimize all apps it's still popping it up ALL THE FREAKING TIME. Is this some new program or part of the system since this update? How on earth do re remove it or actually disable it?

There is also some other notice that constantly pops up on the top bar and shows in notifications but it's not there right now so I can't for the life of me name it right now. Something else about what apps are doing and if you tell it to not do it the phone acts like a non obedient 5 year old at a toy store and doesn't shut up much like the above issue.

To continue my above post since the other issue popped up.....

The other thing is what tells you x app keeps the system awake, force stop to save battery.

If you untick the selector for High power consumption notification it doesn't matter as later on the same notice will pop up for any apps you untick the selector for.

• samsamhasamsamha United StatesPosts: 2,363 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭✭

@scgt1 , If you are using the default Messages app, you can customize the notification sound per conversation. Tap the conversation you want to customized, then tap on the 3 dots on the upper right corner-->details-->notifications.

edited April 22, 2020 12:43PM

Seriously? You can only set specific txt message notification by each number that has already sent or you sent a message to? I've had plenty of Android phones and used the default text message app and have always been able to set a message notification sound through the phones sound settings. This is the first phone where it's like this and just labeled as notifications only. Which in turn means you hear the set sound for every system message, email, text message, etc and that is blatantly stupid. A user should be able to set a specific audio sound so they can distinguish what their phone just got while in the other room, pocket, etc without having to look at the phone every time it makes a sound.

Android 10 (and Google Messages app) has more granular control over the notification.

-Open setting

-Apps

-Notifications

-here is where you should be able to adjust various notification sounds for the app. You can adjust the incoming messages notification sound, background task, per contacts, etc.

Dunno why they would have changed it after 9 versions. How are people supposed to know lol Will see what happens if it ended up just setting for txt messages or if it's going to start sounding my set tone for everything. LOL

• RalphmessRalphmess MexicoPosts: 1 ✭✭

Hello, new member here. I wanna ask a huge doubt I had some months ago.

The Axon 10 pro android 10 update seems to be only available in U.S. version and I'm from Mexico. I know I can just download it and try it but I'm a little scared about if I download an update version from another region and disables some function about my sim signal or another stuff linked on a the android 9 MX version I have currently. I would appreciate so much if someone knows if it isn't a risk to download it. Cheers!

• elinelin BangladeshPosts: 2 ✭✭
    edited May 6, 2020 4:45AM

Awesome news. Time to start downloading and playing with all of the great features that comes with Android 10

Axon 10 Pro is unlocked and as long as your device is the US one, then you should be able to install the software on your phone without any issue. While I do not think you are going to have problem, it is hard to guarantee since the radio software is tuned for the US carrier. This is the same thing that goes with every unlocked device that is not tuned for a specific carrier.