Will the ZTE Zmax 2 get Android 6.0 Marshmallow?

benjamin.hobbsbenjamin.hobbs Independence, ORPosts: 76

Hello ZTE Community,

So does anyone know if the ZTE Zmax 2 will have Android 6.0 Marshmallow released to it? At this time it seems like the latest Android available for it is 5.1. I would really like to upgrade the software though as their are features on Android 6 M that I really like. One of them being double tap to unlock.

Answers

• Of course not.  Why would ZTE bother putting time and money into upgrading such a cheap phone?  The whole idea of these type of devices is they are more or less throw away.  I love mine and have had it since just before Christmas.  Sadly, I paid $125 US but could have waited just a month to get it for $90 and now they can be had on sale now for $40 US most of the time. While it is a very good device with just a few minor issues there is no chance it would ever get M is my bet.

• benjamin.hobbsbenjamin.hobbs Independence, ORPosts: 76

​ I can only hope that you're reverse psychology on the folks at ZTE works, lol.

• jtzmax7jtzmax7 Bridgeport, USAPosts: 1,145

I doubt it as well, with how cheap these are there's no point to optimize a whole new os on a phone like this. I love my ZMAX 2 but I doubt marshmallow is in the cards but I do hope I am wrong.

• benjamin.hobbsbenjamin.hobbs Independence, ORPosts: 76

My phone did have an available software update yesterday, took me to B18, but did not change the Android OS. What a tease... I have no idea what the update did exactly.