Huawei Nexus 2016 is happening

hollaphollap United StatesPosts: 8,340 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭✭

The competitors for the Axon 7 keep rolling in...

Purported Huawei Nexus (2016) photos leak, showcase its guts for everyone to see

Battery size is small in my opinion, but it's interesting that there will be 3 Nexus devices this year!

Comments

• sshasansshasan Staff Member United StatesPosts: 3,652 admin

This looks like an Honor 5X with StraightTalk branding.

• frodriguez2010frodriguez2010 Enterprise Tech Support Engineer TexasPosts: 1,904 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭

Yeah it was announced earlier this year.  ​ very true it looks like the 5X but with a little better specs than the current 5X it should have specs like the Honor 8 that is almost released. 

It is also set to be released with HTC's version of Nexus as well.

• louisdlouisd United StatesPosts: 1,052 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭✭

Looks like the usual click-bait reporting.  This is an Honor 5X all dressed up to be released on Tracfone.  They don't put Tracfone Logos on the back of Nexus devices. Tracfone Logo

• dnewman007dnewman007 United StatesPosts: 3,338 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭✭

I agree. We will have to wait and see what comes out on this one.

• runtohell121runtohell121 United StatesPosts: 2,133 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭✭

Looking forward to see more Nexus being released.

• jtzmax7jtzmax7 Bridgeport, USAPosts: 1,145

When is it our time to shine

• Agreed. Looks like BS. I'm just bummed none of the nexus leaks are showing front facing speakers anymore.

• dnewman007dnewman007 United StatesPosts: 3,338 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭✭

I saw a leak last night on Flipboard of a new Nexus device and it did have dual speaker on the front. They did not say what size it was, which I was very curious about. I liked it.

• hollaphollap United StatesPosts: 8,340 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭✭

LOL, you want to know the funny thing?  I have an Honor 5X!  Sure does look like it. 

Soon.

• 02busa02busa United StatesPosts: 1,439 ✭✭✭✭✭✭

I clicked on the link, looked at the pic before reading the update; and said to myself NICE TRACFONE LOGO! WRONG INFO! Then looked right below to see the Writer acknowledged the mess up.

So more info on this.  Passing through the FCC yesterday was a new Huawei device, codenamed the KIW-A1:

Huawei H715BL

approved July 8th

LTE 2/4/5/12/17, WCDMA 2/4/5, GSM, Wi-Fi, Bluetooth

When I researched what the KIW-A1 model may be, it led me to this page:

FCC ID QISKIW-A1 Smart Phone by Huawei Technologies Co.,Ltd

Which has a render of the device stating it is model H1621, which is indeed the tracfone looking 5X device.

• dellasterdellaster Pahrump, Nevada, USAPosts: 103

Yeah, Tracfone/StraightTalk get specially neutered versions of popular phones. My StraightTalk Galaxy S3, for example, has the 4G disabled.

It's too bad . A follow-up on the 6P would be a sure winner.