ZTE Employee Hints at Unlocked Bootloader on Axon 7

dabehrsdabehrs Dripping Springs, TexasPosts: 446 ✭✭✭✭✭

Extra Extra!!!! Read All about it!!! Hey everybody. Here is a link that you might have seen that includes the now XDA famous ​ about the bootloader on the Axon 7

ZTE Employee Hints at Unlocked Bootloader on Axon 7

SInce this is the Rumor Mill... I thought this should be here! ​ have you seen this?

Screen Shot 2016-06-30 at 2.16.04 PM.png

Comments

• Yes yes yes yes yes please      I'd love for it to be. All the ROMs and customisation options would add a lot of fun to this phone and really have it stand out

• I have seen it yes, but it is all just based on that single comment made by a mod here in this forum, so... not worth much/something to be euphoric about imho

• dabehrsdabehrs Dripping Springs, TexasPosts: 446 ✭✭✭✭✭

I agree which is why it's in the "Rumor Mill" Gotta have some fun with this stuff.

• ddrakeddrake Alpharetta, GAPosts: 318 ✭✭✭

Cool article share and I haven't seen before!  I feel like I just had my 15 minutes of fame, albeit on an alias of ddrake!  is famous too!

• 02busa02busa United StatesPosts: 1,439 ✭✭✭✭✭✭

I didn't see that on there, but I usually login using the app.. Yeah, that's more of an attention grabbing post than anything..

• hollaphollap United StatesPosts: 8,377 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭✭

Well we will see if they are really listening now won't we. 

• dnewman007dnewman007 United StatesPosts: 3,663 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭✭

I have a good feeling about it!!

• dabehrsdabehrs Dripping Springs, TexasPosts: 446 ✭✭✭✭✭

Absolutely. Media, If it bleeds it leads.

You know it.

• teutonjon78teutonjon78 USAPosts: 326 ✭✭✭✭✭

While I hope they do end up allowing the bootloader to unlock, this isn't new news (it's linking to a thread on the forum from about a month ago). And we've heard nothing else since then.

• shibobyshiboby AppletonPosts: 121

Im crossing my fingers!

• jamesjames Pennsylvania, USAPosts: 423

​ is conspicuously missing from this conversation. COME ON!!! Spill the beans, already!!!  

• sshasansshasan Staff Member United StatesPosts: 4,077 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭✭

I haven't seen a thing!

• jamesjames Pennsylvania, USAPosts: 423

Uh-huh... that's 'business speak' for "I'm going to keep you guessing until the product comes online."

I'm choosing to assume the bootloader is going to be locked - that way when I find out it's unlocked I'll be pleasantly surprised. 

• hollaphollap United StatesPosts: 8,377 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭✭

LOL, that's funny!

• beenwaitingforthisbeenwaitingforthis Posts: 652 ✭✭✭✭✭

I've seem that in a number of places now. It seems to be all over the web. I hope it is a good sign!

It needs as much attention as possible so more people will make their voices heard on the matter.

• beenwaitingforthisbeenwaitingforthis Posts: 652 ✭✭✭✭✭

Yeah, with the way that story is blowing up on the internet, it will be really bad PR for ZTE if they don't unlock the Axon 7.

It definitely needs to gain as much traction as possible.... I mean even OnePlus allows it...

• shibobyshiboby AppletonPosts: 121

I'm pretty sure that was cut out of a thread a I started about the bootloader unlock

• ironbaybeedollironbaybeedoll United StatesPosts: 4,630 mod

Looks like this could really be happening.. check out this current thread