[Mobile Education] Enabling Chrome Data Saver tool

mb2xmb2x Greenville, SCPosts: 122 ✭✭✭✭✭

Hello again! Thanks for stopping by! On this post, I will instruct you on how to enable Chrome's Data Saver Tool. Almost everyone these days has a limited amount of data-or, at least, high-speed data. The Chrome Data Saver tool is designed to compress websites in order to use less data. Unfortunately, many people have not heard of the option, let alone have it enabled! Let's go shall we?

First of all, you must open up Chrome on your smartphone or tablet.

Once opened, tap the three little vertical dots in the upper right of your Chrome window.

Chrome data dots.png

Now, scroll down until you see the "Settings" tab and tap it.

Chrome settings.png

Once in the settings, you will see an option called "Data Saver". Tap it.

Chrome data Saver off.png

From here, it is pretty self-explanatory. Move the slider to the right to turn the Data Saver tool on (or, if you don't like it for some reason, off).

Chrome data off_on.png

Voila! You're done! Now you have successfully enabled Chrome Data Saver tool! If you go back into Data Saver (under Chrome settings) it will show you how much data it has saved (which is pretty neat)! Enjoy! If you have any questions make sure to hit me up below!

Chrome done.png

Comments

• hollaphollap United StatesPosts: 8,377 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭✭

I knew other browsers had this feature, but I didn't know Chrome had it.  Turned it on and thanks for the tip!

• mb2xmb2x Greenville, SCPosts: 122 ✭✭✭✭✭

​ glad to be of some help!

• rikkkurdrikkkurd United statesPosts: 318 ✭✭

great, I read about it but did not enable it yet, I have 10GB of data each month so don't really need it but once in a while i consume more, so maybe just enable it. I read that it will load pages faster on slower connections as well.