Cases for the Axon 7

Comments

• Hey everyone, first post. I pre-ordered the Axon 7 and like a few folks on here, I will not run a phone without a case and screen protector. Learned the hard way I am not the most graceful or careful individual. With that said I would like to see a Zizo case developed for our phones (particularly the Static series Zizo Static Video

Would anyone else be interested? If we can generate enough interest we might be able to persuade production plans for it.

Give me your thoughts, maybe we could start a pole or interest thread.

• That case looks sweet.  I want one.  There is a Zizo Static case for the Axon Pro.   None for the A7

• Yeah, I emailed them, they said that there's no production plans for the 7. They also said if they see enough interest there could be.

• rcab213rcab213 United StatesPosts: 8

I'm getting the one that looks like insides of an iPhone. I have it on my 6P and it's pretty great.

• hiteshruleshiteshrules Hyderabad IndiaPosts: 62

Hope if interested guys here mails them they would produce some cases.This is what happened with dbrand .Their mailbox flooded with z community members and they enabled it for this device

• Just a Fyi this case Amazon.com: ZTE Axon 2 Case, ZTE Axon 7 Case, TownShop Black Heavy Duty Dual Layer Armored Hybrid Case Cover For ZTE Axo…

Is super thick and bulky. I have it and i usually use 2 layer cases and this thing takes the cake. I really dont like it on this phone and Ive had this type of case before.

• npaladin2000npaladin2000 Wappingers Falls, NYPosts: 376

I just ordered one of these, hopefully it's not too bulky while providing enough protection: Amazon.com: ZTE AXON 7 Case, MiniSkull Iron Bear Style Premium 2 in 1 Plastic and TPU Armor Shockproof Protective Hard B…

• mrvcumrvcu Richmond, VAPosts: 4

I'm surprised that you didn't like the case and had bad experiences with the build quality.

I have this exact same case but sold under the name "CoverON"​ (I assume they're all made by the same manufacturer in China and branded by different sellers). It feels great to me and I've had no issue with it. Obviously it's no Otterbox but I've had no issues at all with build quality.

I could see in the future that the small section of case near the charging port may have issue (as it's a little flimsy due to the cutout) but til now no issues and I think a great value for $8 shipped.

• I had this type of case for the Honor 5X and it was great, not cheap feeling like most cases and didnt add alot of bulk. Thanks for finding this , ill probably order this one I get my phone as well.

• I really don't like any of the case options. I want to pay good money for a top quality case.

• I really like ballistic cases.  I emailed them about making a case for the Axon7.  They said not at this time but they would submit it to its r&d Dept.  I ended up ordering a case similar to design by cover on.  I hope it's a good case.

• celticchryscelticchrys Posts: 234 ✭✭✭

I just ordered this "ZTE Axon 7 Case, Vinve Soft Tpu Case Ultra Slim Coloured Pattern Rubber Soft Skin Silicone Cover For ZTE Axon 7 (Sky) " from Amazon a couple of days ago, and I'm really pleased with the case. However, now, just a couple of days later, the "Sky" color choice, which was this Starry Night case, is no longer part of the product listing at all on Amazon. The cases in that listing are totally different.

• musicdjmmusicdjm United StatesPosts: 3,124 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭✭

have you thought about using a skin instead?

• mrbigscreenmrbigscreen United KingdomPosts: 266

does it feel nice in the hand? Did they have other options like that that are now also not selectable? looks cool

The feel is pretty good. It's a little stiffer than the clear case that came with the phone. The texture of the part of the case with the image on the back is a slightly matte feel.

• This is a really nice case that i purchased from ebay.  Phone still feels slim and the case has a nice feel to it.  I like having a kickstand to use when watching videos.

Rugged Hybrid Armor Stand Back Cover Skin Case Tempered Glass Screen Protector | eBay

• DrakenFXDrakenFX Mobile United StatesPosts: 2,011 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭✭

i purchase the same case but Gold and looks awesome, looks like this,

P.S. this is an image found in Ebay.

IMG_20160806_135239.jpg

• I went ahead and got this for the time being. https://www.amazon.com/MicroP-Folio-Leather-Stand-Cover/dp/B01IVOCI6A/ref=sr_1_8?ie=UTF8&qid=1470866241&sr=8-8&keywords=zte+axon+7+flip+case

I'm still really hoping that Boxwave comes out with a flip case though. But the one I got should be fine for the time being.

• mrbigscreenmrbigscreen United KingdomPosts: 266

I like the look of this one plus the kickstand is cool, does the plastic feel cheapish or is it decent?

• DrakenFXDrakenFX Mobile United StatesPosts: 2,011 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭✭

is very decent, i have the same case for the LG G4 just black and i don't regret getting at all.

• delle17delle17 North Carolina, United StatesPosts: 730 ✭✭

I got the black one. I like it due to it covers the buttons. Just waiting on my phone.

"A Phone made entirely with you (me) in mind!"

Never Settle

#ZTE #AXON-7

Does the kickstand seem sturdy, like it will last?

• I don't know if many of you guys use Aliexpress(chinese ebay equivalent), but you can order this specific case for as low as 2.74$(as of this posting) from a reputable seller.  Shipping is usually free and takes 2-3 weeks.  I am not sure why more vendors aren't selling cases on aliexpress, seeing how ZTE is a chinese company and the phone was released first in China.  This case was actually one of the better looking ones.  I ended up ordering the gray one ahead of my expected axon 7 arrival in 1-2 weeks.

• npaladin2000npaladin2000 Wappingers Falls, NYPosts: 376

Same one I ordered on Amazon...and then found a grey one on eBay. They look like the spiritual successor to my old S-line hybrid TPU cases with the built-in kickstands. I miss though.

Got this today, it really is very slim. It' looks bulky but it isn't.

• I really wanted one of these but I guess I waited too long. Went to order one a few days ago on Amazon.ca and they only had the teal left haha.

• Amazon.com: ZTE Axon 7 Holster Case, CoverON® [Explorer Series] Holster Hybrid Armor Belt Clip Hard Phone Cover For ZTE …

Amazon also has some leather (or pleather) pouch cases that have an integrated belt clip 

• I received my cover on case for the Axon 7 from ebay.  It fits like a ballistic case.  I love ballistic case but unfortunately they don't have plans to make 1 for the Axon 7.  So this cover on case was my next best choice.

• That's good to know. I ended up picking 3 from aliexpress like fannibal recommended below for around $2.80 each. Only tough part is waiting a month to get it but I can live with that for now.

• fzrrichfzrrich United StatesPosts: 4,253 mod

This the response I received from Speck.

I encourage anyone who would like to see them make a case for the axon 7 to go their website and contact them requesting they make a case for the Axon 7.

• nibiru2012nibiru2012 Austin TXPosts: 343 ✭✭✭✭✭

I ordered this case from Ebay about a week ago or so.  $4.99 w/free shipping.

Very similar to the CoverOn case on Amazon, no logos though.  I think that the Chinese maker just does private labeling for CoverOn and other companies such as TownShop.

I won't have my phone until next week, but I think the button's silicone overlay will be easier to use versus the CoverOn Clearguard series of protectors which are a TPU material.

s-l1600.jpg

One thing for sure is that it will be a protective case versus others I've seen.  Since I use mass transit a lot, this will go with me when I'm out and about.

At home I'll use the J&D Slim Design case.

71glZDNZUbL._SL1500_.jpg