Factory Unlocked ZMax 2 Updates?

I have a factory unlocked ZMax 2 Z955A.  The latest revision is B04.

Despite repeated attempts I have received no updates.

I have gone so far as to stick an active AT&T Go Phone SIM in my fully charged, plugged in phone.

Online ZTE chat support could not confirm whether this phone will receive updates.  I see where others with the AT&T model have received a few updates which I assume include security patches.

Can anyone give me a definitive answer on updates?  I'm a bit uneasy using a phone without even the slightest of security support.

Comments

• Nothing?  This isn't the official ZTE website staffed by ZTE employees?

• sshasansshasan Z-Community Moderator New YorkPosts: 3,409 admin

B Beck I'll have to loop in and see if they can get a definite answer for you. I personally only have a AT&T version  which I unlocked for use with T-MOBILE. The device hasn't received a security update in some time.

I don't have the device on me at this time to check and won't be able for a fee days as the Mod Squad and myself are traveling for our community meet up.

• Ok thanks.  This is not an official direct ZTE channel then?

• zte_usazte_usa Posts: 171 ✭✭✭✭✭

It is an official channel ran by ZTE USA.  Please allow our team some time to look into this for you.

• Is there some communication problem with China?  I wouldn't expect this to be a hard question to answer.

• zte_usazte_usa Posts: 171 ✭✭✭✭✭

Thank you for your patience while we worked through the correct channels of communication to confirm for you. We were confirming with the carrier, as well as, our team; and we wanted to provide a definitive answer (like you requested) for you. Currently, there is no roll-out plan for the ZMAX 2 to be updated; but that does not rule out potential MRs in the future.

• Thanks for confirming what I expected, namely don't plan on updates.  Buyer beware.