[ZMAX PRO] How to change the order of your home screen

dkhn1025dkhn1025 United StatesPosts: 4

Does anyone know how to change the order of your home screens.

Comments

• chuckbortchuckbort United StatesPosts: 496 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭

What do you mean?

• dkhn1025dkhn1025 United StatesPosts: 4

Before I could have my home screen in the middle then have a screen to the

left for other widgets and then another home screen to the right for the

calendar. When I would hit the home button it would bring me to the screen

in the middle.

Sounds picky and annoying but I am just so used to it

• chuckbortchuckbort United StatesPosts: 496 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭

I see exactly what you mean! I have been playing around with mine to see if could do it but the home screen seems to always default to the first one. Unfortunately, I don't think it's an option with the default launcher.

Thank you I was just making sure I was the only one because it was driving

me crazy.

• Couple of different things going on here:

Yes, you can change the screen order - press and hold a blank part of any screen. That will shrink your screens and you can rearrange the order. You can also allow rotation of screens from the settings menu here, change the wallpaper, and add widgets.

What you can NOT do is change which is the default "home" screen (for when you double tap home from inside an app, or single tap home from another screen).

Out of the box, the center screen is the default "home" screen. However, if you deleted that annoying, and useless, metroZONE widget from the leftmost screen without FIRST having added another widget as an "anchor", that screen disappears. Poof, it's gone.

If that happens, from now on, the leftmost screen becomes the default "home" screen. No matter what. Even if you add a screen and move it to the left of the "home" screen.

I too like having quick access screens on the left and right of my "home" screen...with lesser used apps off to the side.

I only picked these up these over the weekend so I haven't invested much into personalization. So I'm going to do a factory reset. That's how much I want my left screen back.

I did verify on my wife's that if I leave an "anchor app" on that leftmost metroZONE screen, I can safely trash the metroZONE widget. It keeps the screen intact and NOT as the "home" screen.

Hope that helps.

Ken

• BTW, sorry, new to this forum... I had clicked on the ZMAX Pro picture. I didn't realize this is a "ZMAX [series]" discussion. To be clear, I'm specifically talking about the ZMAX PRO. I have no experience with any other ZTE phone.

• Any way that you (or anyone else) knows of to reset the home screens without resetting the entire phone?  I've already spent days installing and setting up all my apps and logins and preferences, and I don't want to have to do a factory reset and set everything up all over again, but the home screen thing REALLY bugs me.

• Anybody?

• Sorry, but just went ahead and I did a factory reset Monday night after I wrote. Now, because my fingerprint sensor stopped working Tuesday night, I'm being told to try a factory reset...again!

Since I very little customization before, I had only owned it for 2 days, I wasn't worried about apps, preferences, logins, etc... Plus, I use Lastpass so that makes it a ton easier with all the logins I need to set up. Also, I'm synced with my Google account under the Backup and Restore, so it will supposedly wifi passwords, app settings, etc... I've never used it, so who knows how well it will work. Lastly, for syncing I'm using MyPhoneExplorer and there's a backup function there too. So between all of that...I guess I'm biting the bullet...again, and doing a factory reset. SMDH.

• Thanks for the reply.  I may do something similar myself, I was just hoping someone out there would know some way to get that left-hand home screen page back.  Seems silly that once gone, it's gone forever.

• kenlv wrote:Sorry, but just went ahead and I did a factory reset Monday night after I wrote. Now, because my fingerprint sensor stopped working Tuesday night, I'm being told to try a factory reset...again!Since I very little customization before, I had only owned it for 2 days, I wasn't worried about apps, preferences, logins, etc... Plus, I use Lastpass so that makes it a ton easier with all the logins I need to set up. Also, I'm synced with my Google account under the Backup and Restore, so it will supposedly wifi passwords, app settings, etc... I've never used it, so who knows how well it will work. Lastly, for syncing I'm using MyPhoneExplorer and there's a backup function there too. So between all of that...I guess I'm biting the bullet...again, and doing a factory reset. SMDH.

If you are Synced with your Google account Backup and Restore, then when you reset your phone, or buy a new phone, it will remember what apps you had installed and settings that you had setup.  I haven't had the settings work all that great on new phones, but usually does on the same phone if you have to do a factory reset on the phone.  When you run back through the setup on the phone at the beginning like you did when you first got the phone, you can select what backup you want to use and your phone will that automatically start downloading all the apps you had installed on it.  Also, with your contacts and things like that, if you had been putting the contacts in and entering them under "Google" and not local phone, your contacts will all be on your Google account address book and any time you sync a phone to your Google Account, you'll get all your contacts automatically on that phone.  That's the feature I care most about, that way I don't have to worry about remembering all of my contact information if my phone dies or anything like that.  I also like that if you update the information on one device linked to the account, all devices will automatically get the new information.

• Not sure but maybe if you use one of the other launchers (nova, etc.) you can do what you want?

Thank you I started using nova launcher last week and really like it. Will

reinstall tonight had to reset my phone was getting a 491 error in Google

play for a bad SD card