Cases for the Axon 7

Comments

• I think the Printed/Painted covers look great!

• Would you recommend this case? I'd keep the phone in my pocket/jacket pocket or mounted on my car. How does it feel? How is the protection?

• barbosasbarbosas Orlando, FLPosts: 153

Have you received your case yet? I was wanting to get the Boombox one and wanted to know the quality and what you thought of it.

• Finally received my case from China, looks very good!IMG_20160818_205550679.jpg

• celticchryscelticchrys Posts: 234 ✭✭✭

Yes, I would recommend it. I've dropped it once, from a short distance, and it landed on the corner, and was completely unharmed. It provides the same light protection that any TPU case offers. It feels a bit stiffer than the clear case that came with the phone, and is a very good fit. The back, with the printed Starry Night graphic has a very slight matte texture to it, and is pretty easy to hold onto.

• It looks awesome! Nice find.

Before i buy one i want to ask if it has cutouts for the volume/power buttons? And whether it is a clear glossy case or matte white.

• It has cutouts on all buttons and it's matte white.

• logix225logix225 United StatesPosts: 112 ✭✭✭✭✭

Spigen cases are apparently coming soon

• All they said was that they were coming soon?

. That is all they said otherwise I would have given you more info.

• coldheat06coldheat06 United StatesPosts: 1,771 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭✭

I'm rocking the J&D case and like it a lot.

• I picked up the Gray A7 and thus ordered from Amazon the gray "clear" TPU style case. It's a lot like the clear only with a gray haze instead of being crystal clear. I like it. I find I can't risk any scrapes on my Axon 7 because I just don't like to use a scratched screen / device and since I can prevent it, why not?

• I think I am happy with the overall case that came with this phone because Unlike what reviewer said, this phone does not feel slippery.  When I had the S7E for only 2 weeks, it felt like I could drop it at any moment but the A7, like all other Aluminum phone feel much sturdy in the hand than metal or glass.  I had the same feeling with the S7E as I did with the Note 3 and S4.  I don't think i want to go back to metal or glass anymore.  

• I messaged Spigen's FB group; they didn't mention anything about it coming out soon. Just hope for good news soon. Dunno, hopefully it does come out.

• Welp, nevermind; seems like something is coming soon. Just no dates yet. Works for me if that confirms something will come out.

Someone posted something about otterbox releasing a case... just wanted to update what i know about the companies I've spoken to.

Otterbox - No go

Tudia - No go

Rhino Shield - no go says there was not enough buzz about this phone.

So far only Poetic and Sprigan has said they had cases coming soon.

Also i just installed a Delta Shield Screen protector (wet) fix the phone good and went on nice.

Amazon.com: ZTE Axon 7 Screen Protector [2-Pack], DeltaShield BodyArmor Full Coverage Screen Protector for ZTE Axon 7 Mi…

• hollaphollap United StatesPosts: 8,377 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭✭

I emailed Diztronic a week ago and have heard nothing back.

• maverickmaverick NJPosts: 501 ✭✭✭✭✭✭

that's the one i'm looking at getting. I'm using the one that came with the phone for the time being but the one seems to be pretty good for protecting it

One look at that site, tells me Diztronic isn't in business or not doing very much of it.  They don't have cases for s7 edge, iphone, oneplus 3 nothing.  So i think they are dead.

• hollaphollap United StatesPosts: 8,377 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭✭

Yeah I know. But I just like the look of their cases so much I figured it wouldn't hurt to try.

• diamonddavediamonddave United StatesPosts: 394 ✭✭✭✭✭✭

While I am grateful that ZTE included a case, I was not to thrilled that it was a fingerprint magnet.  I just received  this case:

ZTE Axon 7 Clear Ultra Thin Soft Silicone TPU Cover Directly USA Fast Shipping | eBay

It's a nice case that is clearer that the one that came with the phone, has a little more grip, and really does not show my grubby fingerprints.  Highly recommend.  Once I get my alligator leather Slickwraps(hopefully this week) I will upload some pictures with this case.

• Does anyone know if there is any current Waterproof cases for Axon 7? I dropped mine in a tub full of water and it survived but I'd like to not have to worry (from a former Galaxy S7 owner).

So got word from poetic that the axon 7 case would be out in a few weeks.

• ironbaybeedollironbaybeedoll United StatesPosts: 4,618 mod

​ I love the Poetic case I have on my tablet. Awesome!

Can't wait, i need a good case and tempered glass screen protector.

• Their built in screen protector is plastic, IIRC, but at least it'll cover the screen.

• kidnovakidnova Posts: 435 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭

I'm a fan of tempered glass, but the 2.5d curved edge makes it tough to find one that will fit well.  The gap around the edge drives me nuts.

• kidnovakidnova Posts: 435 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭

I've ordered, and am still awaiting delivery of, the case below.  I've been looking for something that adds a bit of extra drop protection without a lot of bulk and the pictures make it look like this will accomplish both.  The extra padding on the corners should help protect it from drops, and the textured sides look like they will add a bit of grip.  I'll reply with some real-world impressions once I receive it in the next few days.

Amazon.com: LIKESEA Premium Soft TPU Silicone Gel Protective Case Cover with Shock-Absorption Function for ZTE Axon 7, A…

• ironbaybeedollironbaybeedoll United StatesPosts: 4,618 mod

​ I definitely need to get a tempered glass protector, but am holding off. My daughter ​ just got one today and it isn't usable. I haven't seen any reviews that screamed "awesome,perfect fit, buy me". I will definitely be looking to buy a poetic case also, but I'm in no hurry, as a friend sent me the ZTE case, and I actually really like it. I am a little rough on cases though, so this is awesome news.

I have multiple cases, i have the caseon with belt clip for work.  I have the zte one and suesan think case for home.  I also have another pretty heavy duty case.  But I want a premium case hopefully with screen protection.