Welcome to our Beta Lab page. We are currently not recruiting at this time for any new projects.

Check back often for recruiting surveys and screeners for new beta projects.

Welcome to the Beta Lab [Read Me First]

Comments

• darntonmdarntonm Las Vegas, NVPosts: 109

Me too!  Moderators, take note!

• snfrd84snfrd84 South CarolinaPosts: 3

Very good news. Plus being in Tech Support for Verizon helps me as well. Would be able to test a lot of features.

• vagavaga USAPosts: 347 ✭✭✭

Does that limit you to just Verizon me

LTE?

• jamesjames Pennsylvania, USAPosts: 423

No, 2G and 3G will still be available. These are merely APN settings that might not automatically adjust correctly when your SIM is installed. I had a similar issue when I moved from Oklahoma to Pittsburgh a few years back - my phone wasn't picking up the network properly, which left me a terrible signal. A call to Verizon fixed the issue with a simple APN adjustment, and le voila, I had all my bars.

Now, I've read quite a bit about the Nexus 5X and P6 not being "white listed" by Verizon, but the phones will work perfectly on it's network, anyway. Apparently, if you have a SIM, even a micro-SIM, you can just slip your current SIM into the Nexus and it works immediately. There have been a few people who needed to mess with their APN settings, depending on where one lives, I imagine.

If you're going to use a micro-SIM in  the Axon, you'll need to purchase a SIM cutter to turn that micro-SIM into a nano-SIM. I think Amazon has one for about $7, and it cuts it perfectly.

• miltstgomiltstgo ChicagoPosts: 25 ✭✭✭

Looking forward to the participation.  FYI, I am also fluent in SPANISH, Read, Write and conduct public speaking in Spanish as well.

• shibobyshiboby AppletonPosts: 121

I would also be interested in beta testing and writing reviews

• thecoke091thecoke091 Tonawanda NYPosts: 7

I too would be honored to partake in testing devices, as I am always fascinated with the future products from ZTE. I can tell 2016 is going to be a big year for everyone here

• fzrrichfzrrich United States Posts: 4,120 mod

Yes indeed

• ironbaybeedollironbaybeedoll United States Posts: 4,557 mod

​  Welcome to the Z-Community, your going to love it here. Keep an eye out for Beta announcements in the Beta Lab. You can actually choose to follow beta labs, so you dont miss announcements. Let me know if you need any help with this.

​ Hello, and Welcome to the Z-Community. This is a great place, and there is tons of stuff to read, and comment on. Also there are Beta tests, and sometimes even contest. Most of all there are many great members ready, and willing to help each other Glad to have you onboard.

• mttmksmttmks TexasPosts: 93

I'd love to be able to help however I can!!

• adriangbadriangb San Diego, CAPosts: 7

Hi, I'm a chemical engineer who specializes in analytical computation, and a part-time web designer. I've had pretty much every "interesting" Android phone. I'd be very glad to be a beta tester in any way. Especially if you want to test Mathematica or MATLAB on a ZTE device

• darkwatersdarkwaters Naples , Florida Posts: 52 ✭✭✭✭

This has nothing to do with beta lab but, I was told to reach out with any problems or concerns, so here I am. I truly hope you are monitoring the discontent flowing across the pages of this site. I know minor problems are to be expected when launching a new product but, aside from there being more than a few, there's nothing comforting coming down from the powers at be. If the number of discontents were few I might understand but, there's turmoil on most every thread I'm reading. I really want this phone, as so many do but, I want it in a reasonably operational state. And to also know that the manufacturer (read ZTE) is behind their product and are taking measures to rectify the issues at hand. We are losing confidence that any of you guys care. Please prove us wrong and put out something to assure us that we made the right choice in choosing ZTE for our next phone. Damage control before it gets worse. Please help! Thank you.

I assure you that ZTE is working diligently  to answer questions and attend to any and all problems asap.  sshasan

sshasan petershih aerospaceman may have more information on the matter.

• I'm looking forward to finding a way to root the ZTE zmax2 and working with everyone

• logix225logix225 Longview, TXPosts: 84

I need a new gadget to play with and test out!

• I just signed up to be apart of these forums and saw that y'all have a beta program I cant wait to test out some new phones and give some feedback.

• vette95vette95 Vancouver, WAPosts: 70

Well, I just saw the Beta Test thread. I like it. I already have the Axon 7, and am looking forward to the next system updates. I would love to help test the following upcoming updates.

• mrknight85mrknight85 United StatesPosts: 643 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭

I Can't wait to test out some updates sign me up I'm down I will have 2 axon 7's

• royalomegaroyalomega North FloridaPosts: 38 ✭✭✭✭

Hello All,

I want to sign up I know it is a long shot to be chosen but still want to throw my name into the hat.

​ Just wanted to let you know,that the beta lab isn't only about the Axon7.  ZTE works on creating devices all year round, and that is where beta lab comes into play. You will never know when you apply for a beta what device or software they may send you, but that is also part of the fun as well. Keep an eye out here as they will let you know when they are recruiting for a new test, and of course I usually blab it all over the community also, so it is hard not to notice If you have any questions about beta testing in general, just ask.

​ Hello, and welcome to the Beta Lab here in Z-Community. When a new beta test opens up for applicants, it will be posted here in the Beta Lab, and there is usually some nut job running around telling everyone (I dont prefer to be called nutjob, but am told the shoes fit...) The chances of being picked are definitely not a long shot. Just be an active member in good standing, and apply when they have openings. Eventually you will be chosen

• vette95vette95 Vancouver, WAPosts: 70

​ I always keep an eye out for your posts, because:

1. They are insightful
    2. They are witty
    3. They are funny
    4. You are a great asset for this community
    5. Your no BS approach to everything
    6. a whole lot of other reasons for which I cannot find the words now.

Thank you, I mean that.

​ Thank you! That was really sweet

• hollaphollap United States Posts: 8,367 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭✭

No truer words, . is truly an asset to the community!

​ Thank you! Hey You!, you have been MIA, everything alright, haven't seen you much last few day?

• hollaphollap United States Posts: 8,367 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭✭

took time off for the weekend to celebrate my anniversary.  As much as my wife tolerates the amount of time I spend here I need to devote some to her   Besides, she deserves it.

​ Happy Anniversary! That is great!