ZTE ZMAX 2

delite360delite360 Pewaukee, WI.Posts: 2

Good morning everyone.  I just have two quick questions  -  1.  Will the ZTE ZMAX 2 Unlocked version work with a T-Mobile account ?  2.  What is the model number for the ZTE ZMAX 2 Unlocked phone ?

Thank you in advance for your time and help !!!

Best Answer

• ironbaybeedollironbaybeedoll MainePosts: 4,527 mod
    Accepted Answer

​  Hello, yes the ZTE ZMax2 Factory UNLocked will work with T-mobile and the model number should be Z955A. Hope this helps ​ Can you confirm this? I'm not 100% about 4g with this phone, even though I know it does work with T-mobile

Answers

• delite360delite360 Pewaukee, WI.Posts: 2

Thank you very much for your help, I certainly appreciate it. This will work great for me.

• ​ Your very Welcome. Glad it will work for you!!! nothing worse than finding a phone we want, only to find it isn't going to work lol

• AerospacemanAerospaceman Z-Community Moderator Posts: 1,214 admin

Yes it will work on TMO "GSM 850/900/1800/1900 MHz - UMTS 850/1900/AWS - LTE Bands 2/4/5/17"

• I found a ZMax 2 Unlocked on Amazon for $101.99, and it has this for the bands:

LTE 1900(B2) / 1700(B4) / 2100(B4) / 2600(B7) / 700(B12)

As I understand it, T-Mobile uses bands 2, 4, and 12.

Is the B2, B4, and B12 the same thing?

Also, there is a lot of talk about this phone being an AT&T, and even though it is unlocked, it will work on T-Mobile, but will it have AT&T logos and apps on it?

Since I'm on T-Mobile, is there a better option for a ZTE phone for T-Mobile, that is in the same price range as this model?

Thanks

• sshasansshasan Z-Community Moderator New YorkPosts: 3,412 admin

Hi ... The AT&T model with work with T-Mobile if it is indeed unlocked but you will be missing band 12.

If you plan on purchasing this device from Amazon, check first to see if it is truly the factory unlocked version or if it is an AT&T carrier unlocked device. You will only get band 12 on the factory unlocked model.

If it is an AT&T carrier unlocked device, the device will be branded on the battery cover with the AT&T Logo and there will be additional AT&T apps installed on the device.

I suggest checking out the ZMAX Pro which was just recently released that has been receiving a lot of praise lately. I think you'd be pleasantly surprised. It can be purchased via Metro PCS and with an unlock code from eBay for only  a few dollars will be fully compatible with T-Mobile. This even includes WiFi Calling.

• Thanks. I saw that, but read you needed to purchase 3 months service before they would unlock it.

Would there be a way to debrand the Metro PCS stuff off of it?

• sshasansshasan Z-Community Moderator New YorkPosts: 3,412 admin

It's worth buying outright.... A majority of the carrier apps can be disabled but there will be a few left over. One good thing is that there are no carrier logos on the device.

• ​ Hello, and Welcome to Z-Community! There is another phone that is a little more money, but a lot more phone   I figured I would throw this out there as options are great to have! Hope you stick around

• I purchased the ZMax 2 from Amazon, nothing on the post said it was a AT&T GoPhone, but that is what it is.

It had the unlock code written in marked on the plastic packaging.

It unlocked OK.

It is the Z958 - the specs on the ZTE say it has: 4G LTE B2/B4/B5/B12 - HSDPA/HSDPA+/UMTS 850/1900/2100MHz - GSM/EDGE 850/900/1800/1900MHz

I like this phone so far.

• Most of the new MetroPCS (and T-Mobile) phones require you to use their "unlock app" that's installed on the phone.  It doesn't prompt for a code....and you're pretty well forced to use that and jump through the hoops they want you to jump through to unlock it.  If you get the original ZMAX you can unlock via code but anything newer probably requires the "unlock app" instead.

• Hello everyone. I need for help to unlock my ZTE zmax 2. Unfortunately I activate at&t pripaid sim card to my zte zmax 2. Which is the most reliable site for buying unlock code. Is there a solution for my problem.