Durability

darntonmdarntonm Las Vegas, NVPosts: 109

One thing that is huge in phones is durability.  They need to be able to be dropped, dripped on, chewed on, sat on... All of these things.  Unless one has no children... Then no chewing... Unless you have a problem... Or a puppy...  Anyway, what's the durability on the 7 looking like?  Bendability?  I don't know about any waterproofing.  It's a premium looking phone, and my guess is that the quality will be good, but I haven't seen any word on the matter.  I'm sure Android Authority will have a good guess soon enough...

Comments

• elflaireelflaire Kampala - UgandaPosts: 101

I guess the guys at JerryRigEverything will be taking the Axon 7 to their torture chambers soon as its available.

However i believe being an all metal and a beefy looking phone, it should survive bend-ability test longer than most phones out there. My main concern  though is the screen shatter test - i have seen in some reviews attesting to it  having Corning Gorilla Glass 4 protection

• dnewman007dnewman007 United StatesPosts: 3,395 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭✭

Great question, we will have to wait till it is released and tests are done.

• chrsnchrsn New YorkPosts: 217 ✭✭✭✭✭

Well it's an aluminum unibody phone so it should have some durability, and also:

ZTE Axon 7 Hands On: All Flagship, All Sound, Great Price - YouTube

Look at the 1:29-1:32 mark.

Looks like it's also reinforced aluminum and some photos hint it might be 7000 series aluminum (not the aluminum in the Nexus 6p which is prone to bending or the Xiaomi Mi5 but like the HTC 10 or iPhone 6S levels of durability.)

I'm only slightly worried about the screen. Can't quite put my finger on why though....just a gut feeling. 

• tietjetietje Telluride, coPosts: 84

I see them trying to bend it in the video but they never twist it. I would however assume with high grade AL uni-body and gorilla glass that twisting would not be a problem either

The absolute nice thing is, in addition to what seems like solid construction is the addition of the passport warranty