Welcome to our Consumer Lab page. While you will find many mobile research surveys kicked off by our teams, you will also find polls and discussions created by fellow members.

You're invited to complete any surveys that are still open and by all means create a poll if it relates to general mobile preferences. If your topic only pertains to one product, please create your poll within the respective product forum.

After a period of time Consumer Lab Polls, Surveys & Discussions will be locked. They will still be viewable for historical data.

Newest Consumer Research Invitation:
No Current Research. Check back soon.

Join Our UI Usability Test And Get 50 Z-Community Points!

2»

Comments

• musicdjmmusicdjm United StatesPosts: 3,124 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭✭

1.) What do you think about this design in general? Do you like it or not? And why? I like how modern and sleek it looks, if it doesnt have a notification bell than I LOVE IT  (I know we arent talk about this lol)

2.) What about the layout of the design? Hasnt changed that much

3.) What about the interactive mode (screen animations)? Look Fluid and elegant

4.) What about the tutorial wording? Looks simple enough

5.) Do you have any suggestion on the overall design? Remove the notification bell above ALL ELSE, or atleast make it an option, otherwise no one is going to really care much about the minor change in the animations and the picture icon in the right bottom corner

• ak47471ak47471 Greenville,SCPosts: 26

1) I like,  the before and after comparison.  I've never seen it like that and it looks good.

2) The layout looks nice.

3) Animations are awesome!

4) The tutorial is easy and well understood.

5) There's no notification bell, disabling it or making it an option would be greatly appreciated.

• I just want to say that having press and hold over swipe up to unlock is a bit of a stupid and pointless change in my opinion.

• jasonejasone United StatesPosts: 2,072 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭✭

1.) What do you think about this design in general? Do you like it or not? And why?

I like it, you get a quick interactive preview of your lock screen and home screen with the wallpapers.

2.) What about the layout of the design?

Looks spot on to me you have the lock screen on the left and home screen on the right. Wallpaper thumbs on the bottom look good to me.

3.) What about the interactive mode (screen animations)?

I like them and how they fade

4.) What about the tutorial wording?

Clear and concise

5.) Do you have any suggestion on the overall design?

Not that I can see

• cavanaughtimcavanaughtim Wisconsin, USAPosts: 645 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭

1.) What do you think about this design in general? Do you like it or not? And why?

Overall, I like the design, which is clean and easy to understand. I don't generally like transparency on settings menus, but in this case it makes sense because it's a menu for the wallpaper.

I like it, but I think it could be slightly improved by moving the four tabs (wallpaper, widget, theme, effect) to the top of the screen. I prefer for the logical hierarchy of the settings to be laid out from top (most general choices) to bottom (most specific choices).

This looks very helpful in this context; not gimmicky at all.

I would not capitalize "Home" or "Lock" in the sentence at the middle of the screen.

Apart from my suggestion about moving the tabs, no.

• dnewman007dnewman007 United StatesPosts: 3,603 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭✭

I like the design. It is simplistic and clean.

Nice and user friendly.

Nice and informative.

Wording seems fine to me.

I like it very much

There isn't anything I can add. I like what I see here.

• fzrrichfzrrich United StatesPosts: 4,254 mod

I also like the feature of ZTE static wallpaper for the lock screen but would like the feature to add (personal pics) and remove any wallpapers from the list.

• What's there not to like with a layout that serves it's purpose. Good interactive with a tutorial that shows what it has to say...  I'll leave the ideas up to you guys

• shoman94shoman94 MainePosts: 605 ✭✭✭✭✭

1.) I like it overall and the design looks current and simple.

2.) The layout works as intended.

3.) I the animation, simple and smooth.

4.) Wording is fine.

5.) What I would do different..... Instead of selecting the screen and then selecting the background......I think we should be able to select the background and drag it to whichever screen we want it in. This eliminates any need to screen selection and saves multiple clicks.

• wuziqwuziq Posts: 74 ✭✭✭✭

It could be confusing to mix the choosing of homescreen wallpaper/widget/theme/effect with the choosing of lockscreen wallpaper.  Are widget/theme/effect disabled when lockscreen is selected?  They could even be removed from the layout when lockscreen is selected.  In general I can understand combining wallpaper selection into one workflow, but currently the concerns of lockscreen and homescreen are separated on B27 of the Axon 7, and it's fine that way.  If anything, it'd be nice to be able to pick random wallpaper for the homescreen, like we can do with the lockscreen.

It's good, with the caveats I mentioned above about disabling/removing the widget/theme/effect tabs when lockscreen is selected.

It's fine.

It's fine.

I guess I covered this in #1 as well.  Overall it's fine but could be confusing since widget/theme/effect don't pertain to the lockscreen.

• 1.) What do you think about this design in general? A) The general design is nice and simple, clean. Do you like it or not? A) I like it.  And why? A) I like that both lock screen and home screen are visible at the same time, but having to switch to a different setting screen to change one or the other.

2.) What about the layout of the design? A) The layout is nice, and as I mentioned earlier, it is clean and simple.

3.) What about the interactive mode (screen animations)? A) The animations are good, not overdone.

4.) What about the tutorial wording? A) The wording is easy to understand & clear.

5.) Do you have any suggestion on the overall design? A) I would rearrange the wording so that the word "home screen" is under the home screen image and "Lock screen" is under the lock screen. Very minor but it's the words in the order the screen images are presented.

• tigrjaytigrjay Staten Island, NYPosts: 1

I just received my Axon 7 and I'm loving it.  I think this design is in line with the styling, sleek and simple.. I like it alot

I think the layout is clean,  again it allows you to view what's available.. I Luv the choices.

3.) What about the interactive mode (screen animations)?  It helps us new to the format

Again,  it helps in the simplistic & clear styling.

5.) Do you have any suggestion on the overall design? No I'm enjoying the device and experience thus far.

• maverickmaverick NJPosts: 501 ✭✭✭✭✭✭

I like the design. its pretty simple to use. I dont like how the wall papers are square so you cant see the the full image. the current homescreen wallpaper switcher on the A7 lets you see the full wallpaper design that came on the device. Also, since the update for the A7 the lock screen clocks are different. I prefer the thinner typeface like in the image here compared to the current one on the phone.

Home screen and lock screen next to each other is cool. Can see the current wall papers and can make them the same easily.

Not sure to be honest.

wording seems ok.

Make sure the design of the homescreen and lock screen match the current settings the user has in place on their device so each time this is viewed its unique.

• zachgtizachgti South Windsor, CTPosts: 1

I like it because of the bell being gone. I would like to have the option of having the notifications display if I choose.

The layout of the design is sleek and slim. I like it.

I really like the animations as well, so long as we don't see any frame dropping.

Wording seems to be simple enough.

Whatever happens I do not want increased lagging and frame dropping. I have seen this occur in other areas sometimes.

• logix225logix225 United StatesPosts: 112 ✭✭✭✭✭

First off, sucks i don't have my phone right now to compare... But here goes. 

I actually do not like it.  From what i can tell you have both the lock screen and home screen on the same editing menu.  It looks nice like that but when that's actually on the phone and the screen is smaller i'm not sure i will like it as much.

I also do not like it, the way the screen is divided doesn't really give me a sleek impression.  You have a phone designed to look really sleek and elegant.  So the UI i believe should have that feel as well.  To me its like the difference of a web designer who's a beginner and someone who knows their way around. 

I think the interactive mode is cool it may actually help someone.

The labeling of Lockscreen and Homescreen is a bit unnecessary IMHO.  Its pretty obvious which one is which.

I honestly would prefer 1 screen with a side menu.  Either drop down or non-drop down would be fine.  Where you can select wall-paper, theme, and what not.  Then displaying the wall paper and then just touching one and it goes up on preview.  That would eliminate the need to drag anything.  Then i could get a fuller view of what my screen will look like. 

• razor512razor512 United StatesPosts: 2,639 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭✭

• I like the overall look of the menu. It makes it quick to make changes to both the lock screen, and home screen within the same menu.

• This layout is efficient ant straightforward. Options on the bottom, and previews on the top, thus keeping users informed of how they will look at all times.

• I like the look of the animation, though I am not sure how fast the transition is since the gif may be slower. I am generally in favor of short animations (basically just long enough to be noticed (a couple milliseconds)).

• The wording is clear, and fits with the layout, indicating a largely 2 step process of selecting the screen you want to edit, and then select the wallpaper you need.

• Not sure if added or not, but if a user selects an option that does not apply to a specific screen, then it should inform the user.
    • It should also follow some of the system animation settings, thus if a user has animations disabled, then it should skip using them, for an even snappier experience.
    • I also wonder if it is possible to create a favorite wallpaper list, as well as a filter that will look for images on the device that are at or above the required resolution for a proper wallpaper.
  • Very user friendly. Simple but very direct and to the point since a lot of people have no clue. The UI is very nice.

• lgsilvalgsilva Orlando, FLPosts: 18

I'm ok with the design but it looks dated, old.

The layout is good but can be improved.

Animation looks fine but a simple change instead fading the image would give an idea of speed.

The wording should say something on the lines of "Tap the home screen or lock screen to customize it"

Once again, the layout looks good but the design looks old. The tabs look a little too big and the color scheme not so good gray/white text combination.

The first page of items like wallpapers could have a button or icon with a plus sign so you could browse more wallpapers that when tapped it would expand the panel showing more wallpapers at once while shrinking the screens preview. Once you select the wallpaper it would return to the original size for the previews.

• coolgeekcoolgeek Indianapolis, INPosts: 17

The overall design is nice and efficient, since it allows setting related parsonalizations from a single screen.

I like it.

The layout is a bit confusing if not all tabs (Wallpaper, Widget, Theme, ...) are applicable to both home screen and lock screen.

It's nice and short, but tells you exactly what to do. It may make it a bit more clear if it shown both options being set, not just lock screen wallpaper.

The wording is sufficient.

It's not clear what "Gallery" does - does it let me select a photo from my phone? Is it a ZTE curated gallery of random images?

• 1.) What do you think about this design in general? Do you like it or not? And why?

Better than current design.  However, I am not sure how the scroll of bottom section works, so it would be great if you could provide more details for it.

Good.

I would consider to enlarge the tapped one or gray out the other one.

People may got confused that if he should select the screen first or select the wallpaper first. So I would change it to two step wording:

Tap a screen you want to change wallpaper,

After the screen got tapped, change the wording to: Select a wallpaper below.

I would switch top and bottom section. The impression I got now is that I could select a screen, then select a tab, then change the settings for that screen.

• Hi there,

I watched the gif several times and compared with the current solution. I need to tell you that the behavior isn't completely different or improves the usability dramatically.

I would suggest you put some cherrypicks from some xposed modules in stock Tom (e.g. one hand using feature, skipping tracks by long press volume up button, kill current app by long press back button, double tap on lock screen leads to screen off, etc).

Thanks a lot!

• DoppelgangerDDoppelgangerD Master Of Ceremonies United StatesPosts: 1,821 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭✭

Seems fine as long as it works like it should. It's a bit simplistic, but sometimes that's a good thing.

Seems to work well the way it is lid out.

Very hard to tell without hands on, but seems to be ok.

Seems to be fine. Simple and to the point.

Maybe just spice up the lines and look of the screen so it a bit more modern as opposed to all square blocks.

One idea I think would be great is for the user to be able to add their own pics/background to that page specifically.
    I understand they can go to the gallery and to their SD card to retrieve pics to use, but it would be a lot more convenient
    if I save a pic to my phone that I want to use as my home screen, if it's already on that page because I chose to save it there,
    that can make the process a lot easier. A way to implement that is to just give a choice by long pressing any picture in your phone.
    Right now when a user does that, the pic can be "shared" to several places, but just add an option to save it to the wallpaper app.
    Once a pic is in the wallpaper app, you can long press again to remove it.

• lambo352lambo352 Posts: 23 ✭✭✭✭✭

I like the overall design. It definitely easier to use compared to the current ui.

The layout look great..

I find animations are OK..

Wording is OK.

If possible I would make it more immersive. Give it a layer effect. I would make the scroll effect up and down. Scrolling left to right is a bit old..

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0 ✭✭✭✭✭

I have no idea what I'm looking at.  Is this assuming this entire graphic is all scrunched up on my screen?  I guess it's fine

• kgenovakgenova Austin, TXPosts: 6

It looks good, from what you can tell.

Layout is good.

They are very helpful in figuring out how the process works.

The wording is fine.

Not at this time...

• emouseemouse New YorkPosts: 1

1.) I think the design in general is fine and I like that it seems like you can also customize widgets from the screen as well. I'd just be a little wary of accidentally triggering this feature as I'm taking the phone out of my pocket or bag.

2.) I think the layout is fine. I like how it uses a tabbed navigation.

3.) Is this referring to the animated gif? I didn't quite like it -- it took me a bit to realize that the home screen wallpaper changed as I was focused on other parts of the image. Also, the image was larger (length-wise) than my screen, so I initially missed part of the tutorial and then had to scroll to see everything.

4.) The wording itself seemed fine.

5.) For the UI itself I like the simplicty and overall intuitiveness of the design. The tutorial, I would rather have as a video than an animated gif, or at least have ifit my screen without scrolling.

• syaoransyaoran Manassas, VA/Toronto, CanadaPosts: 185 ✭✭

A.) The design is simple and straight forward.  What's not to like about that?! 

A.) Tiles with previews always make it easy to select a new wallpaper. 

A.) Are animations really needed?!  They may be nice to notice in the beginning but I don't think they are needed and usually go unnoticed with prolonged use. 

A.) Seems adequate. 

A.) I would drop the animations or at least offer a way to disable them. 

This discussion has been closed.