ZTE Sonata 3

I joined Cricket and purchased this cell phone and over all like it.  I noticed the battery drains kind of quick.  When I unplug it from charging it immediately goes down a few percent and even when it is charging and working on my phone it still drains, any suggestions?  Also, unlike my other cell, I cannot find a way to move my apps to my SD card and dumbfounded by this

Comments

• ironbaybeedollironbaybeedoll United States Posts: 4,561 mod

​ Hello, and Welcome to Z-Community.  I don't have this phone, but would like to try to assist you. After I believe, Android 4.4 we no longer have the ability to move apps to the SD card, we can however move music, photos and videos. There may also be the option of adoptable storage. Settings-->Storage click on the SD card and chose to use it as internal. Make sure to backup anything on the card as this may erase everything. Also once you do this, you will need to reformat the card if you want to use it in another device later.

As far as the battery, I would look to see that bluetooth, location services and things like that aren't turned on unless needed as these can drain the battery very quickly. Should you have any further questions, please just holler.

• My phone quit charging all together tonight and contacted ZTE about it. They seem to think it's my battery and are sending me a new one.  It was charging minimal and tonight if finally wouldn't charge at all so hope a new battery is all I need. Thank you and let me know what you think!

• ironbaybeedollironbaybeedoll United States Posts: 4,561 mod

​ Well if it stopped charging, it is all possible it could be the battery. When you receive the battery definitely let me know if it resolves your issue with regards to draining. At that time you will also be able to work on the sd card, and your storage needs. If you should need anything else please just holler

• Will do and thank you very much for your help

• Just an update! It wasn't the battery in the ZTE phone and did get it fixed but decided to go with the Cricket Wireless - LG Risio 4G LTE with 8GB Memory Prepaid Cell Phone - Gray for the fact that now I can move apps to the SD Card when the internal memory gets full. Love it and had LG with Verizon so much happier now