Version on received Axon 7

axaxsaxaxs United StatesPosts: 28 ✭✭✭✭

Hi,

This is actually my 4th Axon 7 (2017U).  Don't ask, gave one away, lost one, and returned one.  Anyways, the previous 3 devices (within last couple months mind you) all came with an older build and needed a system update.  This last device, received today, did not - it came with B29 pre installed.  I was only a little disappointed as I was used to disabling some apps in the older version before upgrade.  Anyhow, it was sealed in box, with both stickers on box seemingly.  Does anyone know if ZTE is by chance flashing B29 now, or perhaps updating before shipping?  Or is something more nefarious going on?

Thank you in advance.

Comments

• stevec5375stevec5375 TexasPosts: 805 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭

I received my new Axon 7 recently and it had B29 on it.  Nothing nefarious is going on.  It's typical for the latest version of the software to be shipped since it often fixes known issues.

• axaxsaxaxs United StatesPosts: 28 ✭✭✭✭

Thank you very much.  I didn't assume so, I got it from a reputable vendor - just triple checking!

• ironbaybeedollironbaybeedoll United StatesPosts: 4,618 mod

​ Hello, and Welcome to Z-Community. Hopefully the 4th is the keeper! Currently Axon7 is shipping with B29 installed. I hope this helps. Should you have any further questions, please let me know.

• nutzutonutzuto Toronto-CanadaPosts: 35

Actually this is my 4-th too, but didn'tcame with B29 installed, just received it a week a go    but right away from the box it showed me that I have to install the B29.