Flash Sale For ZTE Axon 7?

elflaireelflaire Kampala - UgandaPosts: 101

The flash sales system was pioneered and popularized by brands such as Xiaomi in 2014 which proved a huge success in building and creating brand awareness for the Chinese Smartphone major. Other companies such as OnePlus followed with a closed invite system. These trends are slowly fading but they created such a buzz moreover, it is understood that the OnePlus 3 will have a flash sale a week before it is officially launched.

Would you recommend such a strategy for the Axon 7?

Comments

• mupton0916@gmail.com[email protected] Atlanta, GAPosts: 11

After the process of winning an invite to buy my OnePlus One (I wrote a Haiku that got me "noticed" of all things), I'd prefer a traditional release.  Being able to simply log on to the site and order the phone without feeling like a won the lottery for the right to do so would be best in my opinion.

• tietjetietje Telluride, coPosts: 84

I agree with mupton

A traditional release. With the product in stock ready to ship, is way better then invites and over hyped product

Maybe discounted slightly to boost initial sales, like they do for DVD's and blue ray movies

• The very reason I did not go out and get a OnePlus phone was due to the invite system. I heard they were doing away with it entirely so I guess that's good news to those who want the OnePlus 3. I'm keeping my eyes on the Axon 7 though.

• chrsnchrsn New YorkPosts: 217 ✭✭✭✭✭

I think ZTE has gotten enough hype on other sites about the Axon 7, and they are a known manufacturer, so to use a flash system or invite system would be sorta pointless in generating hype.

If they feel it's necessary they could just say "we're out of phones" instead of selling all their stock outright and THAT would generate hype when customer reviews roll in.

• ddrakeddrake Alpharetta, GAPosts: 318 ✭✭✭

Not a huge flash sale fan.  Give me a link in amazon to purchase and I'll be good to go

• runtohell121runtohell121 Analyst United StatesPosts: 2,186 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭✭

I prefer the traditional way of just ordering either pre-order or just buy it right away from the store if possible.

The flash sale is kind of annoying to those who couldn't buy one and creates too much hype, which is more beneficial to the resellers instead of the consumers since people during flash sale, most phones tend to go to resellers (people buying and maybe selling or resellers just have a committee to order a lot and resell them).

• 2pointdooj2pointdooj Morocco, OujdaPosts: 590 ✭✭✭✭

Yes, traditional is better.

ZTE don't need a flash sale, the Axon 7 is already popular.

• dnewman007dnewman007 United StatesPosts: 3,454 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭✭

Traditional with enough stock to ill the orders (wishfull thinking)

• fzrrichfzrrich United States Posts: 4,191 mod

Traditional with a nice bundle option (VR)   and a slight discount for a limited time to help sway people who want to wait until their are more reviews and comparisons. Helps to get the sales numbers and hype up right away.

Everyone will jump on it if ZTE did it.

• musicdjmmusicdjm United StatesPosts: 3,124 mod

I agree with everyone else, flash sales are annoying and I would rather either pre order or buy right away the second its listing on the site lol