Auto Rotate Stopped Working

I just got the Axon7 yesterday.  (I'm new to smartphones, so forgive me in advance if I'm not all that knowledgeable.)  Of course, I'm setting things up and mostly seeing how things work since I don't know a thing about smartphones.  Initially, the auto-rotate seemed to work fine, however, now it doesn't seem to be, at least not for the keyboard.  I haven't used it yet for texting, but its no longer rotating when I open up texting.  Maps do seem to still rotate, and does the camera.  Yes, auto rotate is set in Settings.

I did start using TouchPal keyboard, which I didn't download.  It was already on the phone but it required me to enable it, which I did.  Not sure if that is related.  I since turned it off and went back to the stock google keyboard, but still no auto rotate.  I also tried restarting the phone, as suggested by some places, to see if the matter would resolve.  It didn't.

Any help is appreciated.

Comments

• stevec5375stevec5375 TexasPosts: 805 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭

​, not every screen rotates.  Particularly the texting app on the phone only works in Portrait mode and will not rotate.  Some people on here are using other texting apps that do rotate.  One that comes to mind is Textra.

I would also suggest that you do a search for "auto rotate" in the small search box.  There are several threads on the subject.

• Thanks for the quick response, Steve.  I could have sworn that I noted its rotation when I first tried it out since I was interested in this.  Also, I did install TouchPal, and its features says it does rotate, yet, it won't on my phone.

I've been seeing a lot of good comments about Textra.