Yellow line on side of screen

Has anyone had a yellow line show up on the left side of their screen that just won't go away?  A friend has the original ZMAX (so do I) and all of a sudden, he had a yellow line show up that stays on there all the time.  It's about 1/4" long and the phone gets hot even when he's not using it.  He called the carrier and they thought it needed a new battery, but since the battery can't be removed there is no way to see if that is the issue.  Trying to save headache and $$ if it's not the battery.

Comments

• sshasansshasan Staff Member United StatesPosts: 3,593 admin

This is something I hate hearing about. If your friend hasn't tried a hard reset yet that would be the first thing I would try. From the sounds of it, this seems like there may be an issue with the display. If that's the case ,unfortunately replacing the display would be the only option to get rid of the yellow line. I wish I had better news for you to pass along.

• I suggested he do a factory reset on it last night and the line is still there, but it may have fixed another issue he was having.  We are thinking it may be burned into the screen.  He decided the line isn't that bad (for now) 

Thanks for the info

On Fri, May 27, 2016 at 6:09 PM, sshasan<[email protected]> wrote:

Z-COMMUNITY

|

Yellow line on side of screen

reply from sshasan in ZMAX - View the full discussion

cara0421 This is something I hate hearing about. If your friend hasn't tried a hard reset yet that would be the first thing I would try. From the sounds of it, this seems like there may be an issue with the display. If that's the case ,unfortunately replacing the display would be the only option to get rid of the yellow line.

Reply to this message by replying to this email, or go to the message on Z-Community

Start a new discussion in ZMAX by email or at Z-Community

Following Yellow line on side of screen in these streams: Inbox

|

© 1998 - 2016 ZTE Corporation and ZTE USA. All rights reserved.

|

• sshasansshasan Staff Member United StatesPosts: 3,593 admin

We are always here to help!

• arysynarysyn IllinoisPosts: 1,067

This is a very nice community. I've enjoyed being here reading, posting, and learning a lot.

• arysynarysyn IllinoisPosts: 1,067

I really hate when there are display issues like this and wonder why these thing happen nowadays with such advanced display technologies.

Someone on the other online wireless community I frequenty visit, recently posted photos of their Samsung Galaxy S7 display that had a bunch of weird tint popping up all throughout the background. I sure hope nothing like these issues happens on the Axon 7.

• 2pointdooj2pointdooj Morocco, OujdaPosts: 590 ✭✭✭✭

Oneplus one had the same issues for me.

• mrbigscreenmrbigscreen United KingdomPosts: 266

*has dead pixel nightmares*