Continuous Delivery

124»

Comments

• betobeto Posts: 84 ✭✭✭✭

It's a harsh world.  Is there a better explanation?   A huge company like Samsung and others  have the resources to update their phones for 2 years or so but ZTE?  Naw, they are working on the next thing to make money.

• betobeto Posts: 84 ✭✭✭✭

Sure, they'll update to Nougat, probably even Nougat 7.2 or whatever comes next.  But are they working on fixing the many problems they have heard about on this forum and other forums?  Time will tell.  I hope I'm crazy. It would mean I'm wrong.  Personally, I think that what ya got is what you got now. Problem solving is over, they'll just push out a couple new OS updates, *maybe* a security patch or two and thats it. No more fixes..

• kidnovakidnova Posts: 435 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭

Well, Android N may very well address some of the current issues on the phone.  If you're talking about the receptions issues some have experienced I'm fairly certain that's a hardware limitation and there just isn't much that can be done to address it.  I live in a major metropolitan area so it hasn't been a problem for me.  I would like to see some additional improvements to the camera, and that certainly could be rolled into the N update.

Most of the complaints revolve around MiFavor and we know that the devs are fully aware of this fact.  Hopefully they offer an option to disable it completely at some point, but I'm certainly not counting on that.  In the meantime, Nova launcher has made the phone perfectly functional for my wife.

• vanguyvanguy USAPosts: 597 ✭✭✭✭✭

I've owned a number of Asus products. But I don't know if I'd buy a smartphone from them.

I've read many user reviews about their tablets. They have the worlds worst reputation when it comes to customer support. They will completely abandon you without any options for repair or replacement on a brand new device.

• vanguyvanguy USAPosts: 597 ✭✭✭✭✭

I've had good luck with the Asus products I've used. But many people say if you have warranty issues their customer service is terrible.