Battery life reached?

My ZTE SPRO 2 is always plugged into  power but I'm now getting a message that the battery has reached its full life and will the projector will shut down in 5 minutes. And it turns off completely. I've only had it for a few months and never use the battery. Any suggestions? 

Answers

• fzrrichfzrrich United StatesPosts: 4,108 mod

​  Can you let me know which version Spro 2 you have is it the WiFi version, or Verizon? Let me see of our Modsquad can assist you with this issue. 

• fzrrichfzrrich United StatesPosts: 4,108 mod

​ After discussing your issue with the Modsquad we feel your best option is to contact Customer service at 877-817-1759 or refer to this website Contact Us | ZTE USA .

• sarraceniasarracenia philsPosts: 2 ✭✭✭
    edited September 24, 2017 9:11AM

i got exactly the same problem...
    i got it 7 months ago...it s always plugged on power and never use the battery...
    the crazy thing is that it s shutting down while plug on power...

it only happens when i use the projector, the battery is fine in tablet mode, it is normaly charging,
    absotlutly nothing is wrong with the battery, i get about 7h watching movie on netflix.

i guess i will avoid zte forever, it seems like progammed obsolescence...

• ironbaybeedollironbaybeedoll United StatesPosts: 4,537 mod

@sarracenia Hello, it actually sound more like it is shutting down due to heat. Can you describe in more detail, you issue/error and perhaps any errors that may have led up to this?

• florinflorin odensePosts: 1 ✭✭✭✭

I have the same problem...I replace the battery but still receive the message.... that the battery life-cycle limit reachead and will the projector will shut down in 5 minutes. And it turns off completely. Solutions?

• rumplesteelrumplesteel Posts: 10 ✭✭✭✭

The company knows they have this problem and will do nothing to helps us. The projector is useless from this point on. Leave bad comments and reviews so no one else will buy this crap. I was the first one to complain last year and ZTE SUPPORT DID NOTHING.

• BillyBeckhamBillyBeckham CanadaPosts: 16 ✭✭✭

There is some tips that could save the ZTE battery life for your reference:
    1) Use Low Power Mode
    2) Restrict Unimportant Notifications
    3) Turn off Wi-fi if You Don't Need It
    4) Do not Activate Location Service
    5) Lower Screen Brightness
    6) Limit Background Refresh for Applications
    7) Tighten Up Auto-Lock the shortest period for your device, namely 30 seconds.

• DJayDJay United StatesPosts: 5 ✭✭✭✭
    edited August 26, 2018 8:59AM

I have the same problem since yesterday. What is even more worse, that I already had to removed the battery about a month ago completely after it was swollen and nearly broke the whole device. No one from ZTE ever replied to my request for help.

The device worked well with the battery completely removed for about a month now but since yesterday the "life-cycle limit reached" message is showing up and the devices is turning off. WTF? >:(
    Not even that the battery explosion incident is serious without any response from ZTE, now also this second incident.
    Never ever I would by any ZTE device again.

edited September 5, 2018 5:06PM
  • MesserMesser IrelandPosts: 5 ✭✭✭
    edited September 9, 2018 7:55AM

Got the same issue today. The device was always plugged into power, started to show this message box, when I opened the device I found swollen battery, I removed it but device still turns off with that message box.

Firmware V1.0.0B04
    Hard reset doesn't help.

• sarraceniasarracenia philsPosts: 2 ✭✭✭

@ironbaybeedoll said:
    @sarracenia Hello, it actually sound more like it is shutting down due to heat. Can you describe in more detail, you issue/error and perhaps any errors that may have led up to this?

Hello,
    unfortunately, it doesnt, i installed APP to see the temperatures, it s normal.
    Everyone has the same problem...
    -we used it plugged all the time.
    -after about 1500 hours, the device will show that message.
    You can try this

i did, and i still have the message after a factory reset.

Just let us know where do you save that counter, I tried to delete batterystats.bin file but it didn't help.

There is a tool on Goolge Play which can fix this issue, Spro 2 Battery Life-Cycle Recovery

@Messer Hey. Sorry, but I'm sure you will be frustrated as I am for a month now.
    Don't expect any help from ZTE.
    You can try to contact https://www.zteusa.com/contact-us/ by chat.
    They probably can offer you to send the whole device to the US but they can't send it back to EU. You have to have some friends in the US where they can send it to. Costs around 150 USD + VAT. That was the information got.

Did you already tried the Google App successfully on your ZTE Spro 2?

@Messer said:
    Got the same issue today. The device was always plugged into power, nothing is wrong with the battery, but it turns off after that message box. Any solution?

Firmware V1.0.0B02

edited October 11, 2018 5:04PM

@DJay said:

Yes, I managed to fix it. But you need to root the device with Kingo Root or something else.
    -First I used this guide (first 8 steps) to root the device
    https://appuals.com/root-zte-spro-2/
    -Second I used this tool
    Spro 2 Battery Life-Cycle Recovery

Messer said:

@DJay said:

Yes, I managed to fix it. But you need to root the device with Kingo Root or something else.
    -First I used this guide (first 8 steps) to root the device
    https://appuals.com/root-zte-spro-2/
    -Second I used this tool
    Spro 2 Battery Life-Cycle Recovery

@Messer ;Sounds great. Thanks a lot for pointing to this and for your feedback.
    I guess it still works for you.
    I'll give it a try when I'm back from vacation. 

Thanks again.