Welcome to our Consumer Lab page. While you will find many mobile research surveys kicked off by our teams, you will also find polls and discussions created by fellow members.

You're invited to complete any surveys that are still open and by all means create a poll if it relates to general mobile preferences. If your topic only pertains to one product, please create your poll within the respective product forum.

After a period of time Consumer Lab Polls, Surveys & Discussions will be locked. They will still be viewable for historical data.

Newest Consumer Research Invitation:
No Current Research. Check back soon.

Does the fingerprint sensor on your current Smartphone meet your needs?

1235»

Comments

• ironbaybeedollironbaybeedoll United StatesPosts: 4,614 mod

​ It's kind of funny, but I see it as a quicker, easier way to grab my phone, and instantly it is on. I don't, and won't use it with Android pay or that kind of thing. I guess we all have our quirks Again welcome to Z-Community, and holler if you need anything!

• nthall350nthall350 Kansas City, MissouriPosts: 505 ✭✭✭✭✭

Thanks for the welcome. My screen time out is set to 30 minutes. It's plugged in all day at work, and most of the time at home. I don't use a lock screen when it is off. We all definitely have our own quirks. I just use a different instant on technique. It's never really off.

• ironbaybeedollironbaybeedoll United StatesPosts: 4,614 mod

​ That makes sense I suppose. I was definitely wondering what you were doing, that could be quicker

• nthall350nthall350 Kansas City, MissouriPosts: 505 ✭✭✭✭✭

I know it's not great for the battery, but I'm rough on phones. I'm lucky if one lasts 6 months before I find a way to accidently destroy it. That's why I always keep a couple of spares.

• chui84chui84 Houston,TxPosts: 28

Current phone exceeds expectations.

• fzrrichfzrrich United StatesPosts: 4,247 mod

The Axon 7 is my first phone with a fingerprint sensor  and I love it!! I've played around with others and I just love the placement and performance of it

• ravenaley14ravenaley14 New yorkPosts: 24 ✭✭✭

Nope, I recently receive the le max 2 as a gift. It usually takes 2-3 times to unlock which sometimes I find annoying .

• maulgandhimaulgandhi United StatesPosts: 519 ✭✭✭✭✭

I would buy the device in a heart beat, if it means more security on my device. That said, ZTE can still use the current FPS from AXON and other ZTE devices and include extra layer of security such as IRIS/EYE/RETINA Scanner. Basically, FPS would act as Second Factor Authenthication, or vice versa. This way the security would be solid and hard to crack down.

Any who, Live Fingerprint Detection definitely sound awesome and secure. I can't wait to try out. Two Thumbs Up from my end.

• firesilverblade1firesilverblade1 hanahhan, SCPosts: 70

The finger print does an excellent job and I really don't have issues with it and it works with my apps. I coming from a nexus 6p and it is just as good if not better than google imprint.

• wizzuhwizzuh 48223Posts: 170 ✭✭✭✭✭

Fingerprint scanner is great until I need to use it for android pay.

Then the bugs rear their pesky head. 

So besides the fact that the phone gets stuck in a loop when trying to pay with the fingerprint,  it works great. Bank apps work well,  and using it to unlock the phone is awesome as well.

• jtma11024jtma11024 Bluffton, SCPosts: 91 ✭✭

I concur.

Fingerprint scanner is great until I need to use it for android pay.

• ryan1nuttryan1nutt Bakersfield, caPosts: 1

I loving the finger print but I'm not liking the locked bootloader but it will work out hopefully

This discussion has been closed.