Apps turning off

Answers

• easedeleasedel Posts: 75 ✭✭✭✭✭

After switching the power management to 0 policies, spotify didn't shut off. I rain it for a little over an hour.

Edit: Ran it just now, it shut down in 10 minutes on the dot.

In an early post I tested spotify again today and it stopped working in 10 minutes both times after working last night for over an hour just fine.

Just did a factory reset on my phone. Installed spotify. Thats it. Thats the only thing I did. Running it now. Touched no settings at all.

Edit:

Stopped in roughly 15 minutes. This on a factory reset with only spotify added. No other settings were touched, connected to 4g.
    I checked the "clear all" section and the app was still open there. Just music stopped playing. The player in the notification area was closed.

Edit 2: OT but got a notification in my gmail about a log in from my google account ( which is normal ) but it has the phone listed a ZTE ZMAX 3....

Talked to support in live chat. Doing some testing.

On a fresh factory reset, everything ( power management on default )

1. Set display to NEVER.
    2. Ran spotify for an hour ( leaving the desktop on the screen ).
    3. About 30 minutes in, got a notification saying spotify was using a lot of power.
    4. About an hour in, was still playing, no shut downs.
    5. Hit the lock button. Stopped in about 10-15 minutes.

• Definitely is a software bug.

But if ZTE never admits to it it will never be fixed and we are all screwed!

I bet if you call tech support back they will tell you to send it in for repair. What a joke that would be sending in a brand new phone for repair.

Support is following this thread ( and others ) as the tech i chatted with linked to another thread too. I did the above and posted it so the person i was chatting with could log it. So they do realize it is an issue that needs to be patched.

• twinturboztwinturboz SocalPosts: 219 ✭✭✭✭✭

OK, i went ahead and downloaded spotify and ran it playing music in the background, i set a timer on to see where it would stop, well 53 mins went by and music was still playing with screen off and untouched, so i don't know what everyone's problem is.

Mine too, it also says Zmax 3, i thought it was weird.

• My phone arrived early.  I did the initial setup, installed Audible, downloaded a book, started it playing and turned off the screen.  15 minutes later, the phone kills the app.

It's a shame.  The phone is great otherwise.  Good feel, nice screen, etc.  But if I can't use it the way I need to, it's worthless for me.  I'll be sending it back.

• wow even Audible app is affected by this bug?

Clearly it's a bug in the software so hopefully ZTE releases a patch in the near future that fixes it. Because right now I am going back and forth if I am going to keep it or not. As of this morning I am again leaning towards keeping it because even with this annoying bug for the price I feel this phone just does so many things right not to give it a chance.

I guess worse case scenario if ZTE never fixes this bug I can just make sure I always leave my screen on when playing music with any affected apps. Although that obviously will drain the battery faster but at least this phone does have a long lasting one.

For those not seeing this issue at all you are very lucky!

Is it possible there are a bunch of bad phones going around? Like I said before I got 2 of them and both have this issue right from the start without really messing with any settings.

• Ok I really hope this was just a one time thing because I was just playing music with Spotiify with the screen on this time and it stopped playing on it's own after only 35 minutes!

What is going on with this darn phone?

I have a 2 year old slow crappy Alcatel OneTouch Icon Pop and that phone has never had any issue with audio stopping on it's own.

Thats why we are posting here, to figure out what the problems are. Its being narrowed down to power management not working.

Like i posted above, mine did it fresh off a factory reset.     

• I'm thinking about buying this phone but I need spotify and pandora to work correctly.

As a work-around to this problem, is there an app that can turn on the screen every 14 minutes and if so, would it be a better work-around than leaving the screen constantly on?

• hollaphollap United States Posts: 8,367 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭✭

I've been through dozens of setting on all of my devices but haven't been able to reproduce this issue.  I'll send settings if you tell me which ones you want

• coldheat06coldheat06 United States Posts: 1,704 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭✭

​  do you mind taking a screenshot of your app permissions.

For those of you who have the issues, can I ask if you got the random wallpaper gallery enabled or disabled, that's is something I have disabled as I hate random wallpaper everytime I wake the phone. Also you do have notification bell enabled or disabled.  It sounds irrelevant but you never know what's causing it not to play nice.

Is it possible that certain batches of phones are having this issue? Like I said above, it was happening directly after a factory reset with spotify being the only app added. I got my phone from the B&H Photo Video sale they had.

Cause at this point, ill be glad to send my phone to ZTE so they could see what the issue is but I would need a working one in exchange.

Here are mine. Like ive said though, i used all different settings. Most recently the default settings on a factory reset and it still did it.

1D_6xQ9R.jpg

I used Spotify again today for a about a hour and didn't stop, I didn't use GPS today it was left with screen off in my cup holder. I never had any issues.  Maybe try disabling the zte locker thing for the wallpapers.

• vulcan66vulcan66 Posts: 68 ✭✭✭✭

This problem isn't limited to the Blade V8.  I had Spotify turning off as soon as the screen timed out on my Axon 7 the other day.  I tried adjusting the power management settings to no avail.  I shut down the phone and rebooted and everything worked fine.  I assume it was due to cache clearing when I shut down and rebooted. 

• hollaphollap United States Posts: 8,367 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭✭

I don't think it's hardware related, but i never say never

• I wonder if there are different versions of software floating around out there...

Post up the software version (Settings/About Phone) and whether you have the app shutdown issue or not

For me:

Build Number z978v1.0.0b18 Build time Wed Dec 14 14:19:45 CST 2016  Apps shut down after 15 minutes.

• wwsiralexdwwsiralexd Posts: 29 ✭✭✭✭

My software version is the same as yours. Apps shutdown after 15 minutes.

• vulcan66vulcan66 Posts: 68 ✭✭✭✭

B18 here. Had Tune In radio shut off tonight. Rebooted and OK now.

• wwsiralexdwwsiralexd Posts: 29 ✭✭✭✭

I took user phonenerd's idea and used Tasker to create a profile that sent myself a text every 10 minutes. The text, in turn, turns on the screen briefly, but that is enough to keep Spotify from getting killed.  Tasker used to be able to turn on the screen itself, but not anymore. So I have to send myself a text to turn on the screen.

Then I created a Tasker shortcut on the home screen to toggle the profile on (when I want to start Spotify) and off (when I want to stop using Spotify).

All that just so some apps can run.