NFC

rikkkurdrikkkurd United statesPosts: 318 ✭✭

Where do you use nfc for?

I placed a nfc sticker in my car holder so it automatically starts playing music and my navigation app.

On my night stand is a sticker forcing my phone on silent and turning the alarm clock on.

Do you have other tips and tricks or do you already use it to pay for stuff?

Comments

• runtohell121runtohell121 Analyst United StatesPosts: 2,155 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭✭

Since I don't have any NFC stickers and my NFC compatible Galaxy Note 3 is pretty old, I rarely use it. But on my iPhone 6S, I use Apple Pay since that's the only thing NFC works for in an iPhone. If I had NFC compatible Android phone, most likely use Android Pay or if it's a Samsung device, Samsung Pay. Mobile payment is pretty easy to use as long as the places you visit accept mobile payment... Other than paying with my phone, I haven't used NFC for anything else.

• dnewman007dnewman007 United StatesPosts: 3,395 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭✭

I've only used it pay or things and transfer stuff from one phone to another.

• rikkkurdrikkkurd United statesPosts: 318 ✭✭

You can't actually transfer via nfc right? It's only to setup a wifi direct or bluetooth connection which is handeling the actual tranfer right?

I didn't yet use any nfc payment method, should I start?

• louisdlouisd United StatesPosts: 1,064 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭✭

I use Android Pay fairly regularly.  I like not having my actual credit card number out there with merchants if it can be avoided.  In fact, I used it with the soda machine at IKEA yesterday.