How long do I need to wait for Axon 8

I see, oneplus, huawei and other phone manufacturers release multiple flagship phones per year, is Axon also on its way or just one per year, I need badly one phone preferably axon 8.. am still hanging with samsung s5. Anyone has idea when would they release so I can wait.

Comments

• frodriguez2010frodriguez2010 Enterprise Tech Support Engineer TexasPosts: 1,904 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭

A7 is the main flagship. Then the Mini, they are months apart to ensure you have a great experience.  Watch out for those manufacturers that release a new phone every month or so.  They will certainly lack in quality.  I know from experience with Ulefone.

• louisdlouisd Arguer in Chief United StatesPosts: 1,133 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭✭

I would expect it to happen once per year not more.  Most manufacturers release once a year or so.  Even Oneplus that you mention did a mid-year minor refresh to the Oneplus 3T but the main cycle is annual or slightly less frequently.

• I wish they also refresh like one plus, I needed wireless charging, and waterproof and better camera (Axon 7 also not bad). Already my wife has Axon 7, so I know the how the phone is..  Axon7 slightly poor reception.

I wouldn't hold your breath on those.. Wireless Charging is generally not supported on unibody phones, waterproof conflicts with the sound features.

• DrakenFXDrakenFX Mobile United States Posts: 1,912 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭✭

Been honest here, a refresh with just current Snapdragons is just a waste of a device...

i'll just or better say, i rather wait 2 or 3 more months till the Snapdragon 835 start getting out to OEM for manufacturing and then YOU'LL see a better device with top notch specs. 

• hollaphollap United States Posts: 8,370 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭✭

Oneplus added RAM and ROM to it's flagship and a different selfie camera. ZTE added RAM and ROM to it's flagship along with a force touch screen.  I'd say that's pretty even.  Huawei? What exactly is the flagship device of Huawei in the US this year?

they also added the most recent New Snapdragon 821

• P9 and P9 mate and pro coming but looks expensive. .

Overall I think it was a brilliant strategy to be able to increase the price on the phone. 

Ahhh true. Forgot that.  Thanks ​!

agree and by not much, the only reason i haven't get one (OP3T) is because the lag of SDCard ,

It will be very interesting indeed to compare the Oneplus 4 and the Axon 8.  Should be a great matchup!

• Okay, I am checking back any rumor on ZTE 8 ..  I am thinking go with Huawei Mate 9, may be I have to shell out $200 more. Axon7 is with my wife it is good, but not sure if the connectivity is top notch on that.

• wizzuhwizzuh 48223Posts: 170 ✭✭✭✭✭

Maybe a good bet.  I don't have any experience with the mate series,  but I do have experience with this axon 7. And you are correct, connectivity/signal strength is not as good as other phones.  At least in my experience. 

Maybe it's something that can be tweaked via software with the Android 7 update.  Who knows..  Hopefully by the time the axon 8 is released,  ZTE can eliminate that and most of its other problems..

Time will tell.  But if you need another device now, buy the Huawei. If it's not an immediate need,  wait for the update to make your decision.

Good luck,  the mate 9 looks like a tits piece of hardware.  Same thing can be said though about this axon.  Make sure you can live with Huawei's skin,  don't want to trade one crappy  android  overlay for another.

• benkoresbenkores Staten Island, NYPosts: 471 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭

or at least makes it tolerable since I don't think they'll drop it

• msieger2018msieger2018 United StatesPosts: 104 ✭✭✭✭

It can be according to Qualcomm's website since their chips (the ones in most phones today) support WiPower with Rezence standards.

Qualcomm is first to announce wireless charging for metal smartphones and more [VIDEO] | Qualcomm