Does the ZTE Max pro support USB C to HDMI out?

There are cables on amazon that would convert the the usb c to hdmi but would they work with the ZTE Max pro?

here's an example of the cable from amazon:

Amazon.com: USB-C (USB Type C) to HDMI 4K Adapter | Benfei USB-C Digital AV Multiport Adapter | USB-C to USB 3.0 Hub | U…

thanks

Answers

• g239mg239m Posts: 24 ✭✭✭

I don't think it does, but what i did do was buy a " Wireless Display HDMI Adapter  from Ebay .  I didn't even know my tv had a USB port (until I checked before buying the adapter )  which is needed as well as the Hdmi port, anyway when I connected it to my TV i was able to use my Zmax pro to "cast"  [go to settings, display, cast]  what was on my phone to by TV wirelessly.  It also worked with my Lenovo Tablet so I was really happy to have both work.  

I don't have a smart TV but maybe some people with smart TVs can cast it outright. 

• Hopefully, it can do SOMETHING with that Type C port besides charge! From what I've ben reading, however, it doesn't look like it can...

• Do you have a link?

• sshasansshasan Z-Community Moderator New YorkPosts: 3,428 admin

Video out is not supported by the ZMAX Pro.

Depending on your situation and preference a Chromecast would allow you to cast the screen on your TV. There are other devices on the market as well, but I have no experience with them.

I don't think they allow that here but I will tell you the model number I bought and you can find it on ebay or google shopping or amazon. Microsoft P3Q-00001 V2.

You might be better off getting a Chromecast that might do more than this one does and costs about the same, mine was real easy and I didn't have to connect it to wifi.

• musicdjmmusicdjm United StatesPosts: 3,113 mod

Id say that the best option is the Google Chromecast, you can buy adapters for convert the hdmi to any other plug that you could need and its cheap enough for most to afford

• jtzmax7jtzmax7 Bridgeport, USAPosts: 1,145

I have chromecast but I also bought one of those chinese tv boxes with a bluetooth keyboard on ebay. It's honestly fantastic. An entire hd video box with a tv ui or an optional stock android layout for ~$35. I highly recommend it.

thats a really good deal to ​ I have an android tv stick but I spent $70 on it lol

​ I love it. It's preloaded with kodi and a bunch of other apps. It's called the mxq box. Lightning quick and well worth the price and the month shipping from China.

Im gonna have to look for one, for the price why not lol Im always down for trying new gadgets haha

Please do, I couldn't recommend it enough

• I'm very interested in something like this as I do not have internet set up at my home right now. So can you confirm that the Zmax pro can Miracast with the necessary adapter and that it only uses your phone data to work? Another question I have, are you getting sound and video on the tv from the stuff that is mirrored from the phone? Sorry for all the questions . I'm thinking about pulling the plug on the Zmax pro since I am a MetroPCS user and if I could get the adapter, that would be great. I tried Chromecast but you need the internet at home for it to work.  Thanks

Amazon has some new ones out with Android 6, look for the most updated version.

I tired it by turning my Wifi off but when I turned the cast on it started the wifi network so I couldn't do it without the wifi, but the audio does play on the TV,  i did a search and Chromecast seems to have  a way to do it without wifi.  There is a video online that says you can if you set your phone to be  a tethering hotspot.   There may be other ways, I'm not sure.

Unlike Chromecast the Microsoft adapter does not need to be connected to wifi so I would guess that it may work directly with data if you have no wifi.

• The amazon fire stick is capable of detecting your cast without having Internet. Very useful and simply awesome feature