ZTE branded case

ralishazralishaz Rolla MOPosts: 18 ✭✭✭✭✭

Has anyone used the official case for the Blade V8 Pro? I've talked my wife into switching from an iPhone 6 to an Android device and the V8 seems to be the best compromise between price and features, at least for her. I want to get a case as soon as I can after I order the phone and only see cases that don't ship until late February on Amazon. The lone review on the case on Amazon talks about it being slick and hard to hold on to which my wife thinks is a deal breaker for the case.

Thanks for any info about the case.

Edit: Forgot to mention that I'm a happy owner of the Axon 7.

Answers

• jasonscarterjasonscarter United StatesPosts: 1,963 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭✭

J Williams has done a review of the ZTE case on You tube:  Official Axon 7 and Blade V8 Pro Cases - YouTube

• ralishazralishaz Rolla MOPosts: 18 ✭✭✭✭✭

Thanks. Somehow I missed that in my searches. It looks like a very good case, so I may try to order it soon.

No problem.  I think there may be others.  People who pre-ordered it had it in their review videos. The one I linked is just one I knew stood out as a stand alone case review and not bundled in with the phone review.

• fzrrichfzrrich United StatesPosts: 4,257 mod

​ I own both the Co-Mold case for the Axon 7 and Blade V8 Pro. I have done a video on the Axon 7 case ZTE Co-Mold Protective Case for ZTE Axon 7 - YouTube  and it is very similar to the one for the Blade V8 Pro. I have the video for the Blade V8 shot, but have yet to edit and post. It is really really nice. I too thought it would be slippery as it is smooth. But when you apply pressure to it (squeeze with your hand) it stays firmly in place and has some grip. I've used other cases on other phones like the poetic affinity on the Zmax pro that has some ridges for grip as well as a speck candyshell case that has numerous rubber grips all over the device that is extremely grippy but not aesthetically pleasing to everyone. The Co-mold case looks good and has some grip, its not going to easily slop out of your hand so you get the best of both worlds. Try it out, give it a few days and you'll see what I mean. 

• fzrrichfzrrich United StatesPosts: 4,257 mod
  • vulcan66vulcan66 Posts: 68 ✭✭✭✭

Has anyone seen a discount coupon for the ZTE case?  I'm not paying $25.00 for a plastic case.

If you registered your phone, you should have been given a 50% off code if they are still doing that. I just used my wife's code from her Axon 7 I got at CES to get my case at 50% off. 

I tried my discount code again and it worked this time!  For some reason the day before the code was not working.  Thanks!

• ralishazralishaz Rolla MOPosts: 18 ✭✭✭✭✭

Thanks for all the help, but my wife decided on the Axon 7 Mini instead since it has a slightly smaller screen. She has a problem with the trend of the larger phones that has been happening the past few years. I know there isn't that much of a difference between the V8 Pro and the A7Mini, but the screen size was part of the decision.

I received the ZTE case the other day.  It is definitely "heavy duty" and will do a good job protecting the phone.  The downside is that it adds significant bulk to an already big and heavy phone.  I'm hoping that some of the aftermarket cases will hit soon as I really don't want something this bulky.

• I feel like a sucker now. I paid full price for my case.

• mrjlwilliamsmrjlwilliams CEO United StatesPosts: 475 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭

The official cases for the devices from ZTE are legit, I mean they are really good. They fit perfect, as they should.  NO issues at all with them, and they feel really good.  I kinda think they feel like a better version of an otterbox as I stated in many places, including the videos I've put up on them.  I know I'm late, but just wanted to let ya know I like them.  I see you got the case, and YES...it adds a lil bulk, but it's totally worth it to me.  I hope you find a case you think it better fitted for your needs on your phone.  Thanks.

• mobilegeezermobilegeezer Chattanooga, Tennessee AreaPosts: 1,204 ✭✭✭✭✭✭

I agree completely. The Blade V8 Pro is one of my current daily drivers and I use the Co-Mold case exclusively. Great, protective case.