Auto turn off feature or app available?

I have a zte grand x 4, through Cricket.   I'm surprised to not be able to find an auto-shutoff feature anywhere!  Most androids have the feature in the settings.  I'm struggling to find a way to set my phone to automatically turn off at a certain time every night.   Since I couldn't find a built-in feature, I downloaded 3 different apps from google play.  When not one of them would work, I gave up on that...

Can someone please help me in accomplishing this goal?  Thanks so much!

Answers

• ironbaybeedollironbaybeedoll United StatesPosts: 4,630 mod

​ Hello, and Welcome to Z-Community. I don't have this phone, but I am going to ask, and I will post back what I find out. If there is anything else you need please let me know

• jasonejasone United StatesPosts: 2,118 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭✭

I'm sorry I don't have that phone to check but it's not really a standard feature. It's offered by some phones but not all, and I don't believe any app will have enough permissions to shutdown your phone for you. At least not that I've heard of.

If you're only worried about notifications maybe you could try scheduling do not disturb instead. If it's about battery life while not leaving it plugged in overnight then I'm sorry that won't be as helpful.

• Thanks! Appreciate it!

• Thanks Jasone

I just want it to shut itself down at an appointed time at night, & that'd be the end of it for the day... Time for bed, & I'd get more sleep... Wanted that discipline since I seem to struggle with self-discipline when it comes to this & it causes my sleep schedule to be all messed up.

• jasonejasone United StatesPosts: 2,118 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭✭

I know how you feel ​ thankfully my outlet is a good 6ft. away from my bed. When I plug in to charge up overnight it's far enough away I'm not tempted to keep reaching for it and it's scheduled to go into DND to keep from waking me while I sleep