UHS 200GB Microsd Card

ronin550ronin550 Oak Grove, MOPosts: 137

http://www.androidcentral.com/sandisks-new-200gb-microsd-card-brings-massive-storage-tiny-size

I have one that I stole on sale for 80 bucks and was wondering if I might use it on the Axon 7...from this article it seems so!! It also seems like complete overkill

Comments

• dnewman007dnewman007 United StatesPosts: 3,395 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭✭

Yea, It is waayy more then I need

• fzrrichfzrrich United States Posts: 4,120 mod

Well....overkill......SURE but I say for $80 the more storage the better! Can you imagine what that kind memory upgrade would cost in am iPhone!

• djona12djona12 BelgiumPosts: 82

Well it's not officially supported but it probably will work.

I remember the time when 32 gb was the maximum card capacity accepted on every smartphone but when using a 64 gb card it worked like a charm...

• 02busa02busa United StatesPosts: 1,439 ✭✭✭✭✭✭

I'm going to pick up one for my music collection (over 130GB), which I like to store locally over streaming. I don't like being connection dependent or burning through my data. With the Axon 7 being an sdxc device, it should support up to 2TB theoretically speaking since those size cards don not exist yet. It should also support the Samsung 256GB micro sd coming out soon.

• DoppelgangerDDoppelgangerD Master Of Ceremonies United States Posts: 1,645 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭✭

Well for a long time Sandisk was the only one making any cards bigger than 128GB,
    so they really had no competition, and thus no reason to offer a great price on it.
    You can still get a 128GB card for like $30, so $80 for the 200 isn't a killer deal yet,
    but once Samsung comes out with theirs the prices should get even better.

It's also not overkill if you do HD video recording or high resolution audio listening.
    I can fill up a 200GB card with high res music files pretty easily.

• razor512razor512 United States Posts: 2,532 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭✭

For many devices that supported 64GB microSD cards, they also ended up supporting 128GB and larger cards. I wonder if the axon 7 will be the same, especially since we had phones from 2014 and 2015 that would easily support them.