Will the Axon 7 have wireless AC?

destradxdestradx United StatesPosts: 49 ✭✭✭✭

Will the Axon 7 have wireless AC? According to this is just shows 802.11BGN

Axon 7

Answers

• syaoransyaoran Manassas, VA/Toronto, CanadaPosts: 185 ✭✭

Yes, according to the specs on GSM Arena

• destradxdestradx United StatesPosts: 49 ✭✭✭✭

Alright the official ZTE Shop Axon 7 page place holder only shows B/g/n.

• razor512razor512 United States Posts: 2,596 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭✭

It should, the SOC used, has full support for the 802.11ac wave 2 spec.

For some reason, it seems that many of the ZTE smartphones do not list their full WiFi specs, for example, when I tested the ZTE imperial max

at around the 10 minute mark when I did some of my WiFi testing, I noticed that it had full 802.11ac support even though it was not listed on the box.

With further tests, it even connected to a 160MHz channel width access point, thus indicating that they even updated the drivers to the latest available.

• syaoransyaoran Manassas, VA/Toronto, CanadaPosts: 185 ✭✭

Because the shop is a place holder, expect that information to be updated when the device officially goes up for pre-order/ordering within the US. 

• destradxdestradx United StatesPosts: 49 ✭✭✭✭

So more then likely it will that's good to hear if we are getting the 6gb version US. I hope its $550 or below.

• dnewman007dnewman007 United StatesPosts: 3,454 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭✭

If you look on the ZTE USA site it does not show wireless charging. I have my doubts. I hope it does though.

• 802.11ac should be standard in all phones since 2014. Of course the Axon 7 will support 802.11ac.

The only company I know that purposely left out 802.11ac was Oneplus with their X model, the craziest decision by the Ceo and the 'Carl'. Those two always keep making ignorant decisions. They left out NFC on the OP2, telling everyone you don't need it, really another poor decision.

They also decided to use the Type-C connectors on the OP2, but still used USB v2.0.

Why anyone still considers their products, has to be crazy.

I predict another failed launch with the OP3.

• My Axon Pro supports 802.11ac, as well as my wifi router.

I get a link speed of 433mbps, using the 5ghz band.

We already know that the Axon 7 has the same support.

When I run bandwidth test from : speedof.me or fast.com I get the same speed as my desktop.

• razor512razor512 United States Posts: 2,596 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭✭

If they dropped 802.11ac support, then that means they intentionally crippled the device at the firmware level, as it has an 802.11ac radio. It is hard to get a radio that doesn't support 802.11ac since that is what everyone is making now. If you want older standards, then you are either buying old stock at an inflated price, and also adding complexity to the device by not using some of the WiFi hardware already built into the SOC.

Then again, it is not too uncommon for companies to cripple their devices in software. For example, some router makers have sold AC1750 routers, while the radios were actually capable of AC1900, or Nvidia selling some of their consumer cards with double precision disabled, but with a simply firmware tweak, can be fully enabled, and with a simply resistor change, it gets seen as a quadro card.

• They probably did cripple the O.S., but they also didn't put in an antenna to support it too.

Why anyone still considers their products, has to be crazy.

• osmosizosmosiz USA - NJPosts: 250

Im sure it'll have wireless Ac. Almost all devices has it unless there trying to be super budget friendly and even at that point, wireless Ac isn't generally where they cut corners

• dnewman007dnewman007 United StatesPosts: 3,454 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭✭

After thinking more about this I highly doubt it will have wireless charging. There aren't any full metal phone with wireless charging. I just don't think it is going to happen.