Comments

• kumatora0203kumatora0203 Danvers, MAPosts: 262 ✭✭

do people know why it doesn't work right in the first place on roms?

• benkoresbenkores Staten Island, NYPosts: 471 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭

It's because Dolby did all the work for the speakers on the stock ROM and therefore ZTE doesn't know how to fix it. I can with 100% certainty tell you it is all because of Dolby.

• I'd settle for the 30 second video record fix and live with mono sound

• Theoretically, that has already been fixed according to the changelog, but since weekly builds are not working, we are stuck with that and other bugs

• benkoresbenkores Staten Island, NYPosts: 471 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭

Turns out ZTE doesn't know how to fix it because Dolby did all of the work for the speakers. I'll be the first to say that now there is little chance of it ever getting fixed.

Hopefully the $350+ bounty will be enough to motivate someone to figure out how to fix the speakers but I'm not getting my hopes up.

• The latest Resurrection Remix build fixed the video recording bug and added magisk manager so you can pass safety net (Android pay, Pokemon  go, etc). Though the audio is definitely not fixed, there has been small improvements. If you haven't yet I'd recommend trying it out. It's LOS with more customization and (atleast the last 2 weeks) more updates.

• Hi thanks yes I just flashed it and it is pretty awesome all the best pieces are there from pixel and googlenow launcher lots of custom options.  Yeah audio still jacked will vipermod fix it?

Yes video is fixed not sure why lineageos build is behind?

• Viper will help with the crackling but will lower the max volume and doesn't fix the underlying issue. I have no idea why the axon 7 build of los has failed the last few weeks but I assume that it will get back on track at some point.

• Yes both upper and lower speakers are playing I tested using stereo speaker test on youtube  but you need to lower the gain to not have the speakers distort using a mod.  The video recording used to lockup after 30 seconds of recording and this is now fixed and working well.

• I'd say about the same but I did not do the stereo speaker test for Lineageos so I can't say for sure